• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

some tape on both BIG BIGs (on the spines) but i'm guessing that was a bit common, they don't seem very sturdy.

were i you, i would take a pic of everything PLUS the box they came in and include that pic in your auctions.

might help all but the most cynical out there feel better about buying from a "found these books in a shed" type auction.

you uncle does realise that he has now used up all his good Karma, and must start back at zero, right? 27_laughing.gif

heh, honestly find the people that don't believe pretty amusing, doesn't matter to me in the least you can't change people's opinions or views as to whether people are lying or not. All those flashing messages at the top, i'll read them later but like i said i'll probably have to put most everything on ebay and see what happens, i feel more comfortable letting people decide what they're worth.

Good decision. I'm waiting for some posters to demand that you post a notarized signed statement from the UPS driver who delivered the box, your drivers' license, your Uncle's driver's license, a photo of the original owner and a copy of the original owner's death certificate! insane.gif

heh, honestly find the people that don't believe pretty amusing, doesn't matter to me in the least you can't change people's opinions or views as to whether people are lying or not. All those flashing messages at the top, i'll read them later but like i said i'll probably have to put most everything on ebay and see what happens, i feel more comfortable letting people decide what they're worth.

Good decision. I'm waiting for some posters to demand that you post a notarized signed statement from the UPS driver who delivered the box, your drivers' license, your Uncle's driver's license, a photo of the original owner and a copy of the original owner's death certificate! insane.gif

...wait I almost forgot, a photo of THE SHED as well! yeahok.gif

Posted this in the wrong thread...

comicsscan1.jpg

...Yep that's certainly a cardboard box,...and those are definitely Golden Age Comics,...you guys crack me up,..this is the best marketing campaign I've seen in months,... 27_laughing.gif

Posted this in the wrong thread...

comicsscan1.jpg

I still don't believe it. I want to see a pic of your uncle, the woman's death certificate, a sworn affidavit by the UPS driver, and copies of the original cash register receits from 1942.

27_laughing.gif

Man, some of you guys are wound way too tightly... Christo_pull_hair.gif

What has gotten into everyone? From the get go everyone was on this guy saying he was full of [embarrassing lack of self control] and he just smiled and kept posting. Then when he posted the goods everyone let him be for awhile then got on his case for this being a scam again. His story isn't really that far fetched. He has backed up everything he has said and answered every question. At no point did he say he was new to comics and had no idea what he was doing so he's not playing the "I don't know what I have" angle. I mean hey its not like he's trying to sell NM Amazing Fantasy 15s or claiming he found a box of high grade Goldenage books. I honestly don't understand the boards reaction to this guy but I think I can see why no one wants to go from being a lurker to a poster. Look what they have to look forward to. sign-rantpost.gif

Exactly! Besides that, Krighton doesn't have to explain anything to anybody.

I'm just along for the ride...

some tape on both BIG BIGs (on the spines) but i'm guessing that was a bit common, they don't seem very sturdy.

were i you, i would take a pic of everything PLUS the box they came in and include that pic in your auctions.

might help all but the most cynical out there feel better about buying from a "found these books in a shed" type auction.

But why should anybody (bidding) care where these books were found? If I sell my books on Ebay, should I include a photo of my closet filled with long boxes? confused-smiley-013.gif

Damn, you beat me to it! 27_laughing.gif

But why should anybody (bidding) care where these books were found? If I sell my books on Ebay, should I include a photo of my closet filled with long boxes? confused-smiley-013.gif

because he's going to allude to the fact that these books were stored in a shed for x years, which as we see in this thread raises the alert signal for the eternally vigilant.

he can do whatever he wants. the other benefit to taking a shot of the pile is it gets people interested in his other auctions.

but as i said, it's up to him

I personally would have a hard time selling any of those books. I basicly collect marvel silver and up but once I get my hands on a comic its hard to let go. I would find an excuse to keep them. Anymore timely's I love those covers and if I ever expand into golden age books I would start with them.