• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

i had posted that before, posting it half jokingly...the post above mentioned the books stacked, wasn't sure i was going to need golden age bags and backs and wasn't prepared to pay for them until i found out if the books were of any worth.

If these had been mine i certainly (and any comic geek would) have them backed and boarded and wouldn't take them out just to try and drive people nuts with speculation.

I am glad this thread really worked out. If I had done this a few months ago with my mystery "warehouse find" box, I could have posted pictures of 40+ issues of Steel #2 and Steel #3, plus 20+ issues of Shadowman #12 and a bunch of other [embarrassing lack of self control]. wink.gif

Edit: Wow, I can't even say cr@p

everyone was on this guy saying he was full of [embarrassing lack of self control] and he just smiled and kept posting.

"Everyone" wasn't on his case. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I agree with oldguy. I didn't notice a lot of people piling on. Just natural curiosity and having fun and wishing they'd get an old box of comics delivered to their door. It's been a fun thread, no need to get too serious here.

Love that bondage cover in the pic. I'm not even a bondage collector and I'd be interested in that book. Anyone know what it is?

The cool one is Jungle #77. Looks like there are several other bondage covers on the other Jungle & Jumbos. thumbsup2.gif

Does anyone else think he might do better by not mentioning where the books came from at all in his eBay descriptions? I think he might do better by simply providing good pics and a detailed description of condition.

Interesting to me about the find is the complete absence(as far as I can tell) of Nedors. I'm beginning to wonder if Nedors simply weren't distributed in some parts of the country.

didn't even notice my post numbers.

for those interested in the books, seems to be a few, and not to cut out anyone on getting a good deal, i'll be putting them on ebay. I have an account there with 100% feedback and been selling antiques and other stuff there for quite some time so it's probably my best bet to make the most money I can. I'll probably be starting with the chewed up ones if anyone wants to try their hand at restoration. I should probably post any details in the buy sell forum. I'll post some more scans today just trying to sort out what's CGC worthy, not too many really.

893naughty-thumb.gif You should give some of these GA board members who have helped you the last day the opportunity to buy some books. On the other hand since you don't know much about comics, maybe your descriptions will be poor and they will go cheap.

What planet do you come from? insane.gif