• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

Does anyone else think he might do better by not mentioning where the books came from at all in his eBay descriptions? I think he might do better by simply providing good pics and a detailed description of condition.

Interesting to me about the find is the complete absence(as far as I can tell) of Nedors. I'm beginning to wonder if Nedors simply weren't distributed in some parts of the country.

No Fox Feature Syndicates either.

Does anyone else think he might do better by not mentioning where the books came from at all in his eBay descriptions? I think he might do better by simply providing good pics and a detailed description of condition.

Yup, that's how I'd do it. Let the books speak for themselves.

Yea, i agree about the description...i don't think it really matters where i got the books since they're not high grade and may only make people think i'm lying about it to boost the overall price.

Yea, i agree about the description...i don't think it really matters where i got the books since they're not high grade and may only make people think i'm lying about it to boost the overall price.

It is a great story though. Im not sure it would make that much of a difference in me buying the books but it couldnt hurt. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, yes, there's at least 6 i think will do pretty well slabbed...Captain Marvel 18, Batman 27, Mary Marvel 2, Wow Comics 18 (though not sure that one is worth it), Captain Marvel 59, Batman 50 55 and 67

You REALLY shouldn't have any backstory if you have no comic-related transactions in your feedback. Just info about the book in particular, the usual rigamarole about shipping, and that's it.

Hey, this be made into a special collection? I can see it now at the top of the CGC holder. "My Uncle's old Lady friend" Collection! Or the Tampa to Ohio Collection or ________________ (fill in the blank)

It really doesn't look like something bought off the rack and tucked away. My guess is that whoever put this together liked to pick up used comics at garage sales, thrift shops or whatever for a nickel each in the 50s or 60s. You've got some mid/late 50s stuff in there and early 40s.

It is a great story though. Im not sure it would make that much of a difference in me buying the books but it couldnt hurt. confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually it could hurt. With the number of "I got these from my grandfather" scam auctions out there he would be adding doubt to his auctions by telling the story. The books should do very well on their own merits. There's no need to add a story that may cause doubt in some bidders.

that's what i was thinking...i'm sure everyone is assumed a liar unless proven otherwise, especially on ebay where people charge $40 shipping for a pack of post-it-notes.

You saw that? [embarrassing lack of self control] okay I'll go edit my auction. insane.gif

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS hi.gif

Congratulations on your score. It was nice to read through the entire post and see you prove all the "non believers" wrong.

I don't know why it is so hard to believe that there are actually comic collections out there waiting to be found confused-smiley-013.gif Heck! I find at least one nice one a month!!! I said nice... I really find about 10 a month that I turn away 893whatthe.gif

It had been said somewhere about 20 pages back that "lurkers" do just that, lurk, because they feel that they'd be ripped a new one if they said anything "wrong". Well who is to be the judge on what is "wrong"? A bunch of geeks sitting around in their underwear in front of a computer for hours waiting on a scan of a comic book??? I think not! 27_laughing.gif

I'm ECSTATIC that this turned out to be a good story for this guy and I wish him the best of luck on eBay. We all know he'll do much better in turns of dollars there...

My "2 cents"...

John thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Johnny G....it's not an amazing collection grade-wise, however, i've never bumped into so many GA in my life so it's fun if nothing else for sorting them and i've finally started to bag and board them.