• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VOTE NOW FOR YOUR FAVORITE SILVER AGE COVERS!!!

133 posts in this topic

Oh and by the way I ended up with 8 Marvel covers in the top 10 Christo_pull_hair.gif and that's despite trying to root for the other guys.

I'm not having that problem. confused-smiley-013.gif Got a little of everything so far.

I know I know ... I'm part of the problem but I did grow up a Marvel Zombie so ...

Some covers were downgraded due to more familiarity with others, the old Favorite versus Best dilemna ...

Actually, quite a few of the Silver Age covers I hold in the highest of regard didn't make it to your list.

However . . . I am proud to note that my two favourite Subby covers, from TALES TO ASTONISH, did make it therein. I'm fortunate to own the original art for these two faves, so I gotta credit you with some good taste!

rr31x0.jpg

rr32jb.jpg

My CAF Galleries at:

http://www.comicartfans.com/Gallerydetail.asp?GCat=1865

Actually, quite a few of the Silver Age covers I hold in the highest of regard didn't make it to your list.

However . . . I am proud to note that my two favourite Subby covers, from TALES TO ASTONISH, did make it therein. I'm fortunate to own the original art for these two faves, so I gotta credit you with some good taste!

rr31x0.jpg

rr32jb.jpg

My CAF Galleries at:

I've always loved those two covers in your collection (hidden message: don't forget me when/if it comes time to sell) wink.gif

Best,

My list is already in. If SS#4 doesn't win then I demand a recount. sumo.gif

it didn't even make my list. it's certainly a fantastic cover, worthy of anyone's respect as a masterpiece, and one that will do well in this accounting...but it just doesn't do anything for me.

confused-smiley-013.gif

sorry.gif

4 Marvels, 6 DCs if anyone gives a *

Im surprised a few great covers didnt make it u=onto the list. Granted I didnt nominate them, so I could blame myself, But Batman 194 with Blockbuster smashing the Batman logo was a precurser to Sterankos classic Hulk Annual (and real purdy in red!)

and, the Detective cover with the Building shaped like Jokers head, with bad guys shooting at Bats and Robin.

Im not sure they would have made my top ten (BOY WAS THAT HARD to pick just 10!) but they are certainly as good (nay better!) than many of the ones I saw on that list.

anyway - -funcontest! So, is Golden Age next? that will be interesting because fewer people will have personal attachments to too many of them, like SA and BA.

Oh and by the way I ended up with 8 Marvel covers in the top 10 Christo_pull_hair.gif and that's despite trying to root for the other guys.

I haven`t submitted yet, but I have a feeling that I will have more Marvels than anything else too. Although I collect DCs now, I would be the first to admit that many SA DC covers were extremely pedestrian. This completely changed in the 1970s, which I think is why DC dominated the BA cover contest.

I haven`t submitted yet, but I have a feeling that I will have more Marvels than anything else too. Although I collect DCs now, I would be the first to admit that many SA DC covers were extremely pedestrian. This completely changed in the 1970s, which I think is why DC dominated the BA cover contest.

I agree, and in my "prelim round" the Marvel SA covers are trouncing the DCs. I admit to being a Marvel zombie when it comes to the Silver Age and there's a lot of emotional attachment to the Marvel books that I simply don't feel for the DCs of the era. I almost feel that i should throw a couple of "token" votes DC's way just to make up for my personal biases.

There weren't any special qualifications to be able to nominate. They even let me do it. yay.gif

rr31x0.jpg

rr32jb.jpg

My CAF Galleries at:

I've always loved those two covers in your collection (hidden message: don't forget me when/if it comes time to sell) wink.gif

Best,

Thanks, Hari, but the the only trouble is . . . the covers like being in England and refuse to be repatriated grin.gif

rr31x0.jpg

rr32jb.jpg

My CAF Galleries at:

Best,

Thanks, Hari, but the the only trouble is . . . the covers like being in England and refuse to be repatriated grin.gif

hail.gif Awesome covers to own!

Just sent my votes in. Man that was tough! I had my first 8 pretty squared away, but narrowing down the last two to add was a killer. Lots of awesome covers to choose from.

Can't wait to see how they all unfold!

I only had 5 Marvels. And youll be pleased to know one of your prized DCs made my list...

B&B 28 (which will NOT be on my own list) or B&B 34 (which definitely WILL be on my list)?

rr31x0.jpg

rr32jb.jpg

My CAF Galleries at:

Best,

Well, that settles it. I'll move to London wink.gif

Joe and Mica, thanks for setting this up! thumbsup2.gif

Tim, thanks for the thanks.

I want to be clear, though, that Mica is the one who conceptualized all this, put up all the scans, etc. I am only a humble assistant. Just want to give credit where credit is due. thumbsup2.gif