• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHO ARE SOME OF THE WORST DEALERS

279 posts in this topic

Just look at my one neg.....

I got a neg for paying quickly, getting a waaay overgraded book, and simply attempting to see if I could get a refund. After 2 weeks of no response - I left a neutral - then I got that.

He is a complete joke that should be avoided at all costs.

I got a neg for paying quickly, getting a waaay overgraded book, and simply attempting to see if I could get a refund.

"Lit cigarette lying on your arm for 20 seconds" OUCH!

That is just not deserved by any shot - long or short. Is there nothing you can do? Or is it too late?

I emailed eBay about 20 times and never got a response.

Oh well....Anyone who sees it can easily tell it is undeserved - if they actually choose to look at my feedback as opposed to raw numbers.

I emailed eBay about 20 times and never got a response.

Oh well....Anyone who sees it can easily tell it is undeserved - if they actually choose to look at my feedback as opposed to raw numbers.

Putting myself at risk of a strike (or maybe even a 2nd strike) - that truly sucks.

I think Michelle Nolan is a PRIME example of a woman in comics! grin.gif (her articles in CBM were amoung my favorites!)

I agree. She does the occasional article in CBG now.

Jim

See attachment - WORST packing EVER. I just got this today.

Hey smokinghawk...

Would you feel bad if Mr Todd M Doughty's name and address suddenly appeared on a few hundred new mailing lists, and maybe three or four dozen magazine subscriptions? blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifcool.gif

I don't suppose I'd have any reaction to that possibility at all, since it would have NOTHING to do with me...and I emphasize that. It would simply be an unfortunate mishap, and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Seller is arcrellic. His stuff isn't valuable (my one consolatino)--just recent modern stuff. I bought a run of recent Ultimate Spider man advertised as NM/M because (as mentioned in another thread) my local copies are arriving in town with bindery flaws. Ironically, his auction was intended to be a way of replacing my copies which had been damaged in shipping!

My fantasy, though, is that I watch and wait until he BUYS a nice book, and then I bribe the seller to shipit/them in exactly the same envelope, under the same conditions. I wonder howhe'd feel to have his same envelope reappear!

Incidentally, he has refused any reply to my subsequent emails, ALL of which have been more polite that he deserved. I really do try to be a classy person even when I'm angry. He's also withheld my feedback as a buyer until I give him his as a seller. I think his feedback will just be the URL to a scan of his envelope and the text of his email defending the matter, stating "I've sent all my books this way!"

Michelle also writes for the CGC newsletter every month. grin.gif

I have known her since I was a little kid. She is also one of the nicest and most knowledgeable people in our hobby.

Larry Crow from Blackbird Comics is good. He's a frequent E-bayer.

The only thing Chuck has going for him is his massive inventory, which is substantial. Plus, isn't it great just to go MH's website and check out all those comics in color?

I haven't had that much trouble with the Metropolis. The comics I receive from them usually are right on target.

it shocks me that a dealer as large as Showcase would use ebay feedback as a weapon and treat it as dirt to throw on their buyers. just looking at their "Feedback About Others" page, it clearly shows the negs they leave are retaliatory!! check out the neg given to the buyer "neponset@prodigy.net". it's that person's ONLY neg - and HE gave SNE a neutral for receiving a cracked case!!!

SNE

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackMemberLeft&memberId=showcase-new-england&items=25

i mean geez, for a power seller with a rating of over 2500+, you'd think they'd be mature enough to leave postives to buyers who actually pay?? i'm cynical towards the big comic sellers who don't leave feedback upon payment - they aren't taking responsibility for their products. i was thinking about bidding on a big $$$ book of SNE's this saturday - but after reading this thread - i'm definitely thinking twice about it. talk about NOT leading by example...

i mean geez, for a power seller with a rating of over 2500+, you'd think they'd be mature enough to leave postives to buyers who actually pay?? i'm cynical towards the big comic sellers who don't leave feedback upon payment - they aren't taking responsibility for their products. i was thinking about bidding on a big $$$ book of SNE's this saturday - but after reading this thread - i'm definitely thinking twice about it. talk about NOT leading by example...

I am going to have the same problem with Heritage. Two slabs received were cracked. I have sent two emails to them asking what is there policy around this without any response. Would have left it alone except for the total lack of respect in not responding to me.

Do you think they will give a retaliatory neg????

i've heard and had rec'd PM's re: dan g being a creep, dirty, etc. but i've dealt with him many times as a buyer and seller. i've rec'd books from him that i felt were not graded properly and he promptly refunded me, no hassle, no headache. i do remember back in 2000 when he and essoilman had a rift and multiple emails were sent out to potential customers regarding being ripped off, but of course things were settled and everything worked out. but i know people will always have opinion of others just as i, but between me and dan g, i have no complaints. rantpost.gif893blahblah.gif893whatthe.gif

I am going to have the same problem with Heritage. Two slabs received were cracked. I have sent two emails to them asking what is there policy around this without any response. Would have left it alone except for the total lack of respect in not responding to me.

Do you think they will give a retaliatory neg????

that happened to me as a seller last month, i refunded the costs of reholdering for the two books and S&H., it was around $40 acclaim.gif i hope heritage can do the same! 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Don't do it....

You're screwed if you do no matter what...

If you buy a book from SNE - it WILL be overgraded - at least 1 full grade - bet on it. If you tell them about it - they may or may not ignore you. If they ignore you, you're hosed - you cannot leave anythign other than a glowing positive feedback - or you will get a negative.

I don't have the time to look - but I'd be willing to bet, Dan is such a jerk, he has left negative for a paying buyer that left a less than "great seller!!!" positive comment - a sample of what Dan might say "Err ahh....What a insufficiently_thoughtful_person buya...Got his ovagraded book and did not praise me..Avoid!Err ahhh AVOID!"

Don't do it man.