• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHO ARE SOME OF THE WORST DEALERS

279 posts in this topic

Please tell me these are two different people. frown.gif

Hey hey hey...I live in VIRGINIA, not WEST virginia. Our family trees grow down, not left and right. We partake in the occasional cow or sheep here, but unlike with West Virginians, we feel kinda guilty about it afterwards. 893naughty-thumb.giffrown.gif

Please tell me these are two different people. frown.gif

Hey hey hey...I live in VIRGINIA, not WEST virginia. Our family trees grow down, not left and right. We partake in the occasional cow or sheep here, but unlike with West Virginians, we feel kinda guilty about it afterwards. 893naughty-thumb.giffrown.gif

You just keep telling yourself that... tongue.gif

tom and shadroch,

ZOO YORK is slang for NEW YORK, sorry if your not up with the times, hell they even have clothes from NEW YORK called ZOO YORK. 893whatthe.gif

Ah yes, I'm behind the times. Actually I misintepreted "zoo york dealers and their rude elitist attitude that i've oft read and heard about." - I thought you slamming New York and New York comic dealers - not a clothing company who caters high school skaters/boarders and 30 something wannabees. Jeeez.

Tom

tom and shadroch,

ZOO YORK is slang for NEW YORK, sorry if your not up with the times, hell they even have clothes from NEW YORK called ZOO YORK. 893whatthe.gif

Ah yes, I'm behind the times. Actually I misintepreted "zoo york dealers and their rude elitist attitude that i've oft read and heard about." - I thought you slamming New York and New York comic dealers - not a clothing company who caters high school skaters/boarders and 30 something wannabees. Jeeez.

Tom

I don't know what supa was talking about, but zoo york is a skateboard company first and foremost. plug One of my friends used to ride for them. He's since left and started his own company, Vehicle end plug

Tom

don't think, FEEL!, FEEL WITH EMOTIONAL CONTENT! enter the dragon - bruce lee.....as for 30 something wannabes. i sure hope your being a smart arse, cos i don't wear anything but italian clothing. 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif as for slamming zoo york sealers, didn't i mention in my post that vincent zurzolo was one cool MF'er? 893frustrated.gif BTW bad bob, nice edited post shy.gif

Tom

don't think, FEEL!, FEEL WITH EMOTIONAL CONTENT! enter the dragon - bruce lee.....as for 30 something wannabes. i sure hope your being a smart arse, cos i don't wear anything but italian clothing. 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif as for slamming zoo york sealers, didn't i mention in my post that vincent zurzolo was one cool MF'er? 893frustrated.gif BTW bad bob, nice edited post shy.gif

I'm sorry , I was not referring to you at all when said 30 something wannabees, it was directed at that company's customers.

Daniel Dupchak (Fantazia) resto comics being resold by big-name Chicago con dealers without full disclosure b/c that was the only way to liquidate triple-trimmed books: trimmed on ALL 3 sides of the Marvel key to "freshen" up the appearance. makepoint.gif

Robert Crestohl (b4 he joined Gerry Ross, Comic Master from Montreal, Canada). Silver Surfer 1 vfnm with a 1 inch tear on the front cover. Then again this was around 1975 when grading was looser, but NOT that loose. 893naughty-thumb.gif

you know i think i probably own two books that roided out daniel dupcak trimmed and colour touched bought raw off eBay. they came back from CGC as all 3 sides trimmed and slight colour touch, i mean who else could've done that? 893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gifmakepoint.gifdidn't fantazia sell suppose "file copies" too? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gifboo.gif

Don't do it....

You're screwed if you do no matter what...

If you buy a book from SNE - it WILL be overgraded - at least 1 full grade - bet on it. If you tell them about it - they may or may not ignore you. If they ignore you, you're hosed - you cannot leave anythign other than a glowing positive feedback - or you will get a negative.

I don't have the time to look - but I'd be willing to bet, Dan is such a jerk, he has left negative for a paying buyer that left a less than "great seller!!!" positive comment - a sample of what Dan might say "Err ahh....What a insufficiently_thoughtful_person buya...Got his ovagraded book and did not praise me..Avoid!Err ahhh AVOID!"

Don't do it man.

My one experience with Dan: bought 6 comics on ebay all VF+ or better. 3 I HAD to return as they were no better than Fine copies. Of the 3 I kept, one was a Showcase 31 sold as VF/NM, which when returned from CGC came in at a whopping 7.0! Left Neutral feedback and was slammed for negative on my end by Mr. Congeniality. After several back and forths he offered to remove my NFB and even pay for it, but I told him to F Off - I would rather leave the NFB on his record.

Steve

Don't do it....

You're screwed if you do no matter what...

If you buy a book from SNE - it WILL be overgraded - at least 1 full grade - bet on it. If you tell them about it - they may or may not ignore you. If they ignore you, you're hosed - you cannot leave anythign other than a glowing positive feedback - or you will get a negative.

I don't have the time to look - but I'd be willing to bet, Dan is such a jerk, he has left negative for a paying buyer that left a less than "great seller!!!" positive comment - a sample of what Dan might say "Err ahh....What a insufficiently_thoughtful_person buya...Got his ovagraded book and did not praise me..Avoid!Err ahhh AVOID!"

Don't do it man.

My one experience with Dan: bought 6 comics on ebay all VF+ or better. 3 I HAD to return as they were no better than Fine copies. Of the 3 I kept, one was a Showcase 31 sold as VF/NM, which when returned from CGC came in at a whopping 7.0! Left Neutral feedback and was slammed for negative on my end by Mr. Congeniality. After several back and forths he offered to remove my NFB and even pay for it, but I told him to F Off - I would rather leave the NFB on his record.

Steve

blush.gif

Hi guys and gals, it's been awhile since I've posted here. Hope everyone is doing ok.

I have to agree about Danny Dupcak. Back in the eighties I purchased some GA Batman books from him in very high grade, and it turned out that all of them were restored without disclosure. I quit the hobby for awhile after that happened.

Also, another dealer I had a bad experience with was Phil Levine. Is he still in the hobby, I haven't seen an ad in Overstreet for awhile(though I believe he is still listed as an advisor).

Hi guys and gals, it's been awhile since I've posted here. Hope everyone is doing ok.

I have to agree about Danny Dupcak. Back in the eighties I purchased some GA Batman books from him in very high grade, and it turned out that all of them were restored without disclosure. I quit the hobby for awhile after that happened.

Also, another dealer I had a bad experience with was Phil Levine. Is he still in the hobby, I haven't seen an ad in Overstreet for awhile(though I believe he is still listed as an advisor).

blush.gif hope you saw his mugshot, if not, PM me and i'll foward it to your email, and yes methuselah, hammer, blackshotzy, and some other random shill accounts on here was daniel dupcak in the flesh, which isn't much i might add. if it looks like a crook, smells like a crook, acts like a crook, it's a crook. 893naughty-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifmakepoint.gifgossip.gif