• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harley's Captain America #1 Stolen

48 posts in this topic

Oo, sorry to hear about the theft. Make sure you check up on the auction sites too! It was probably an American tourist!

27_laughing.gif

I doubt it. Any American tourist in Montreal is probably at one of your strip clubs the whole time... thumbsup2.gif

Oo, sorry to hear about the theft. Make sure you check up on the auction sites too! It was probably an American tourist!

27_laughing.gif

I doubt it. Any American tourist in Montreal is probably at one of your strip clubs the whole time... thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I say we declare war on Quebec (which really isn't Canada anyways). sumo.gif

Didn't we drive you guys away already? blush.gif Just poking fun of course (well sort of devil.gif)

Why yes we did.

BTW, it wasn't me...I was at Club Downtown and I have a witness with a fistfull of ten dollar bills who'll back me up.

What surprise me is that he brought such a book in Montreal. How many times I heard US dealer complaining about the lack of big buyers $$$ in Montreal...

Oh, and by the way it was not me! devil.gif

I wonder if he has a scan of that book...I mean it would help in tracking it down.

Harley needs to either hire a security guard or have a trusted local collector watch his long boxes & wall display at every comicon he sells at.

Either that, or his insurance company needs to run a sting. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Imagine All us Canadians having Health Insurance Coverage!!!!! We can spend more on good book's because were not hosed up the A@# with premiums.

Your politicians haven't been bought off by insurance companies like ours have.

And you can spend more time looking for great books because you have to wait so long for a doctor.

Where do you think the gov't gets the money to cover your health care?

I'll let the MDs I work with who fled canada to make a decent living know that you're happy.

50% of American's can't afford health care, so I don't think they are waiting in doctor's offices anyways...

And the elderly in this country who go to Canada to get the medications they need can see all those MD's you are speaking of.

And you can spend more time looking for great books because you have to wait so long for a doctor.

Where do you think the gov't gets the money to cover your health care?

I'll let the MDs I work with who fled canada to make a decent living know that you're happy.

50% of American's can't afford health care, so I don't think they are waiting in doctor's offices anyways...

And the elderly in this country who go to Canada to get the medications they need can see all those MD's you are speaking of.

Yeah and don't forget you might not have to wait in the States to get that surgery but you may have to remortgage your house or end up in the streets when you need to get it done. Wasn't Hillary Clinton going to be the saviour on the medicare issue when Bill was running the country.

Harley needs to either hire a security guard or have a trusted local collector watch his long boxes & wall display at every comicon he sells at.

If I got hit like Harley did I'd just quit the business. This is total BS.

If I got hit like Harley did I'd just quit the business. This is total BS.

He got robbed at once but the insufficiently_thoughtful_person theif tried to sell the books at the Paradise store a week or so later

Imagine All us Canadians having Health Insurance Coverage!!!!! We can spend more on good book's because were not hosed up the A@# with premiums...

Yeah, is the number of Canadians who travel to the US for urgent surgery as high as it was in the '80's.

problem with harley is that he doesn't pay enough attention,He's ahannded me a stack of early ASMs in VF/NM+ to thumb through and what does he do while I look? Turns his back and keeps setting up his display...I could of made off with them,but I'm honest in that way.

Wow, that really is rough. Just to clarify what Ares said though though, Harley got a half box stolen at Aman's Hobby Star, Canadian National Expo last August. Some of the books did indeed come into my store a few weeks later, as did a Buck Rogers #1 that was stolen from Big B at the same show.

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics