• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do you store your collection?

15 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I would like to know what the concensus is on where people store/should store their comic collections. I have a smaller, but slow growing collection of high grade silver-age CGC'd books and as the collection value has risen, so has my concern over where I should be keeping it. Especially with encapsulated comics (where you can't just pop open a box and read through your books), do you keep them in a locked safe at home, or maybe in a safety deposit box? And if at home, do most collectors have their books insured (separately or on home owner's policy)? Any advice/comments are appreciated!

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I would like to know what the concensus is on where people store/should store their comic collections. I have a smaller, but slow growing collection of high grade silver-age CGC'd books and as the collection value has risen, so has my concern over where I should be keeping it. Especially with encapsulated comics (where you can't just pop open a box and read through your books), do you keep them in a locked safe at home, or maybe in a safety deposit box? And if at home, do most collectors have their books insured (separately or on home owner's policy)? Any advice/comments are appreciated!

I use my comic boxes as furniture all over the house. Throw a tablecloth over a stack and you have a dining room table. Arrange it right and you have a recliner or a couch! Put a Plywood slab and a mattress over a bunch of them on the floor and you have a bed with no damage to the actual comics!.

Yes, I'm getting a divorce soon...

(If they're an investment, I probably would put them somewhere safe or insure them... yes. I personally don't have any comics worth thousands of dollars individually so I'm not too concerned with someone trying to steal 12 tons of comics. thumbsup2.gif )

I use my comic boxes as furniture all over the house. Throw a tablecloth over a stack and you have a dining room table. Arrange it right and you have a recliner or a couch! Put a Plywood slab and a mattress over a bunch of them on the floor and you have a bed with no damage to the actual comics!.

Yes, I'm getting a divorce soon...

(If they're an investment, I probably would put them somewhere safe or insure them... yes. I personally don't have any comics worth thousands of dollars individually so I'm not too concerned with someone trying to steal 12 tons of comics. thumbsup2.gif )

sign-funnypost.gifhi.gif

By my bed, in my bedroom. Which is currently barred and triple locked.

Other than someone looking to steal comics, is anyone really trying to get into your bedroom?

tongue.gifpoke2.gif

You can never be too careful. crazy.gif