• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Gamers here?

What kind of gaming are you into?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of gaming are you into?

15 posts in this topic

Consel Gamer.

I woulden't even know what to do with a Gaming card by itself.

Lame and boring.

Well, that is a rather close-minded, ignorant point of view. Gaming is a huge industry, supports several major conventions each year, and keeps many local comic book stores in business.

Many of the different types of games require/enhance mathmatical skills, teamwork, and reading comprehension.

Computer games have their place, but they are not really what I was aiming at here.

Started playing D&D back in the day before it even had an "A" in its' name. Enjoyed many an all-nighter during college "hack-n and slay-n".

I got interested in the collectable card games when they came out. Mainly interested in the collectable part. ST:TNG, Star Wars both 1st editions. Magic the Gathering starting with Antiquities. I've still got the ST and SW cards.

Funny story about the Magic cards. I really enjoyed the game design and mechanics. Played the computer version alot, but live contests were limited to going against my two teenage nephews. One of the boys eventually located a Magic league in a neighboring town and convince me to take him. The tourney consisted of about 12 teenage boys and 1 college age master. A 15 year-old pimply faced kid kicked my butt in the 1st round and I wound up watching everyone else for the next 4 hours. 4 hours that consisted of some of the most stupid and inane conversations that you can imagine from a group of young boys....swearing, posturing, lieing, bragging, cheating, etc(oh geez, come to think of it...that sounds alot like this forum too... foreheadslap.gif). I decided that I was too old for this 893censored-thumb.gif and gave all of my Magic Cards to my nephew. He was obviously pleased and I haven't looked back since.

Same here, spend a good portion of my waking hours in College playing Diablo 2. Just remember Mountain Dew is your friend!!!

I still occasionally play Diablo II. I tend to play mostly PC games like Age Of Empires II (don't really care for III) and Heroes of Might and Magic III (don't really care for IV).

My buddies and I will get together though and have board game marathons sometimes though. Risk get's pretty fun and can get quite loud. 27_laughing.gif It's not uncommon to hear, "These rolls are 893censored-thumb.gifing bull 893censored-thumb.gif!!" 27_laughing.gif It's always a great time. By the way, I recommend the LOTR Risk version as it has some fun variations over regular Risk.

Consel Gamer.

I woulden't even know what to do with a Gaming card by itself.

Lame and boring.

Well, that is a rather close-minded, ignorant point of view. Gaming is a huge industry, supports several major conventions each year, and keeps many local comic book stores in business.

Many of the different types of games require/enhance mathmatical skills, teamwork, and reading comprehension.

Computer games have their place, but they are not really what I was aiming at here.

I just never got intrested in something like that, I know it's very popular.

And no, I don't play PC games. lol.

Well that is one of the reasons many LCS's have rooms for doing that right?

Eh, it's just my opinion, i'd never get into it./

I still occasionally play Diablo II. I tend to play mostly PC games like Age Of Empires II (don't really care for III) and Heroes of Might and Magic III (don't really care for IV).

My buddies and I will get together though and have board game marathons sometimes though. Risk get's pretty fun and can get quite loud. 27_laughing.gif It's not uncommon to hear, "These rolls are 893censored-thumb.gifing bull 893censored-thumb.gif!!" 27_laughing.gif It's always a great time. By the way, I recommend the LOTR Risk version as it has some fun variations over regular Risk.

I had to double check to make sure I didn't type that post. Weird. 27_laughing.gif

LOTR Risk rocks! thumbsup2.gif

I played D&D back when the religious right was saying it was the first step on the 12 step program to hell. ah...good times...even my shrink had to get me to explain the concept of Assassin as a player character a couple times....lol

Bounced around a lot of the p&p rpgs and really do prefer a live group over the PC anyday.

got into the ccgs as well...MTG, SW(decipher version rocked...lotc sucked), L5R, LBS, B5, Game of Thrones...L5R and LBS were by far my faves.

love boardgames.....play heroclix a lot and just started messing around with the D&D minis game...and debating the Axis and Allies mini game too.