• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage May Comic Auction

98 posts in this topic

has the increased BP put everyone off ??

Yes it has

Why? Previously, when the BP was 15%, I would take my target price, divide by 1.15, and that would be my bid price. Now, I'll take my target price, divide by 1.195, and that will be my bid price. Doesn't affect me in the least as a buyer, but it will hurt sellers.

Unless the comic is something rare like an ashcan, for the time being I have decided to no longer purchase comic books from Heritage.

If you were a SA collector, I'd be very happy to hear that.

Unless the comic is something rare like an ashcan, for the time being I have decided to no longer purchase comic books from Heritage.

I've sworn off all SA books in your honor. poke2.gif

I don't know, Mark. I think you should focus on early SA DC's. devil.gif

yay.gif

But I know the real reason is you think they're just for the little people. poke2.gif

I don't know, Mark. I think you should focus on early SA DC's. devil.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

Yes it has

Why? Previously, when the BP was 15%, I would take my target price, divide by 1.15, and that would be my bid price. Now, I'll take my target price, divide by 1.195, and that will be my bid price. Doesn't affect me in the least as a buyer, but it will hurt sellers.

True but it seems like the reserve prices at the heritage auctions have been steadily rising over the past couple of years in comparison to market value. The reserve prices are set against the price without the BP. So unless the sellers, or heritage, lower their reserve prices to account for the 5% increase, the buyers will be indirectly burdened with the increase in some cases. I doubt that sellers/heritage are going to lower their reserve prices. Of course some books don't have reserves and for those I would agree the BP only effects the seller.

Yes it has

True but it seems like the reserve prices at the heritage auctions have been steadily rising over the past couple of years in comparison to market value. The reserve prices are set against the price without the BP. So unless the sellers, or heritage, lower their reserve prices to account for the 5% increase, the buyers will be indirectly burdened with the increase in some cases. I doubt that sellers/heritage are going to lower their reserve prices. Of course some books don't have reserves and for those I would agree the BP only effects the seller.

100% correct. I have lost so many books because I factor in the BP when I buy only for them to show up again months later.

This will catch up with Heritage very soon. Thats why I said in another thread they are reporting fake sales. I dont see these books in the post buy it nows but here they are in a heritage auction months later.

Yes it has

100% correct. I have lost so many books because I factor in the BP when I buy only for them to show up again months later.

This will catch up with Heritage very soon. Thats why I said in another thread they are reporting fake sales. I dont see these books in the post buy it nows but here they are in a heritage auction months later.

Not that I'm defending Heritage but I sure they get their share of people who can't complete payment on books. Having said that they openly allow their employees to bid on their auctions which is just nonsense.

Yes it has

Not that I'm defending Heritage but I sure they get their share of people who can't complete payment on books. Having said that they openly allow their employees to bid on their auctions which is just nonsense.

What I think is wrong is that we dont know who the other bidders are.

I honestly believe that they bid up some auctions because they know how high the bids are placed.

Well, one of the problems I see is that they don't let you know there is a reserve until the Friday before end of auction. So, the bidder is forced to either max out early or wait until after Friday to determine if a books is worth bidding on. On the other Hand, on their last signature auction this worked in my favor and I snagged a couple of books below guide, even with bid premium.

I've heard others theorize this as well, saying that the auctions ended at exactly their highest bid price.

Last year, I won a book for $357 when my max bid was $900. Seems like I would of been a perfect target for shill bidding, but it didn't happen.

I've heard others theorize this as well, saying that the auctions ended at exactly their highest bid price.

Last year, I won a book for $357 when my max bid was $900. Seems like I would of been a perfect target for shill bidding, but it didn't happen.

well that's good to hear, or maybe they just like you better. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

well that's good to hear, or maybe they just like you better. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I hadn't considered that possibility. grin.gif