• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why The Flock is this Forum Turning into a DEALER HAVEN?

72 posts in this topic

You wanna buy a Cap 143 CGC 9.6 or Cap 172 CGC 9.6 (white pagers) Bob? I'm happy to sell to you!

There, now some books have been offered for sale.

Ok, you just saved the thread. 27_laughing.gif

2 Questions:

Who's Bob and do you have any 9.8s with white pages? grin.gif

My take on it is this. If you are offering an item for sale or want to buy an item exclusively from forum members. Post in this forum. If you are selling on ebay, you website the same exact thing...post on the other forum. Offers here should be for forum members only. Meaning that offers aren't available anywhere else but here.

Here is an example:

Forum member x has a set of books for sale. Forum member x wants to do a pre-ebay sale. forum member x posts here.

Forum member x doesn't sell the books. Decides ebay is the place to be. Forum member x posts across the street(dealer/ebay forum)

Forum member x is a dealer. Forum member x has new books on his or her site that is accessible by all of his or her customers. Forum member x posts across the street.

Forum member x has feels that his or her books sell better on the CGC forum than his site. So Forum member x posts here, instead of posting on his or her site. Forum member x then decides to list the remainder of the books, on his or her site, after the CGC Forum members only sale. Forum member x posts across the street.

I believe the operative word here is exclusive. If you post here, don't post a sale for books that anyone and their mother can get by accessing you site, ebay or other sites. This will help facilitate trading and allow forum members to capitalize on their reputation as buyers and sellers. Theres my 2 cents.

My take on it is this. If you are offering an item for sale or want to buy an item exclusively from forum members. Post in this forum. If you are selling on ebay, you website the same exact thing...post on the other forum. Offers here should be for forum members only. Meaning that offers aren't available anywhere else but here.

Here is an example:

Forum member x has a set of books for sale. Forum member x wants to do a pre-ebay sale. forum member x posts here.

Forum member x doesn't sell the books. Decides ebay is the place to be. Forum member x posts across the street(dealer/ebay forum)

Forum member x is a dealer. Forum member x has new books on his or her site that is accessible by all of his or her customers. Forum member x posts across the street.

Forum member x has feels that his or her books sell better on the CGC forum than his site. So Forum member x posts here, instead of posting on his or her site. Forum member x then decides to list the remainder of the books, on his or her site, after the CGC Forum members only sale. Forum member x posts across the street.

I believe the operative word here is exclusive. If you post here, don't post a sale for books that anyone and their mother can get by accessing you site, ebay or other sites. This will help facilitate trading and allow forum members to capitalize on their reputation as buyers and sellers. Theres my 2 cents.

That pretty much sums up my attitude as well. thumbsup2.gif

Now being a dealer I always felt the Forum selling section was for forum members only. Now I could argue that I am a forum member but I am a dealer first and would generally only post something for sale in the other thread.

However, would I be guilty if I posted a Wanted to Buy post in this thread? I do like buying from forum members and would hope that forum members seek me out when selling.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with you posting books FS, because you actually participate in the forums. It's when other dealers post on here exclusively to sell that grinds.

I don't know about anyone else, but ever since the marketplace has been split into 2 threads I have missed a lot of stuff.

I have personally posted the same things on each thread and that is because I know I have missed stuff and don't want anyone to miss out on something they might want/need.

It was hard enough for me to keep up with the one section and now it is even harder with 2. Maybe I should have a V8 smile.gif

Here is an example:

Who is member X? I can't find him on the user list. He seems to have lots of books for sale though!

I have personally posted the same things on each thread and that is because I know I have missed stuff and don't want anyone to miss out on something they might want/need.

Gimme a 893censored-thumb.gif break.

Gimme a 893censored-thumb.gif break.

27_laughing.gif