• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink April focused auction...

85 posts in this topic

The whole movie/comic valuation thing just amazes me. I mean consider Poison Ivy. Am I the only one that watched Batman and Robin sober? The Poison Ivy character completely and totally sucked and even in the comics, Poison Ivy sucks so why is it priced so high? I think there are a lot of people that just chase this type of stuff and the pricing gets driven up. The Actions may have been on the lower side, but the Detectives went relatively high I thought, especially since many could have been bought directly off CLINK for less than the hammer price of the auction!

The Church copy of Action #97 CGC 9.8 and the Crowley copy of Action #101 CGC 9.0 both did not meet their reserve prices! I was really surprised that the Rockford copy of Detective #85 CGC 9.2 went for $5,600! There were some good buys on the first night of this auction! I really appreciate that Comic Link extended their payment terms for this auction! Guess I'll be trying to get more books from Comic Link's auctions than from Heritage auctions!

I can't believe how cheap the Action #97 9.8 went for. $4600?? That's a MH too! I follow the prices for the Superman title, and non-key 9.4 Supes go for that. Have you found that HGs from the Supe title go for more than the Actions from the same time period? Also- the highest graded Action #101 only went for $2300... Weird how cheap the Actions are in contrast to the Superman title. Am I wrong? I always thought Actions were more desirable being the older line...

Even though the movie is just around the corner, Superman prices are at (about) a 3 year low...

$4600 isnt enough????????

Its just another nondescript GA Action comics... except, oh wait, it happens to be inside a 9.8 slab....and a MH. But 4600 is plenty to me. How much SHOULD it sell for?

Hard to say exactly, but the Church Action #30 CGC 9.2 sold for over 10K, as did several war covers between issues 50 & 63 which graded at 9.4.

You're right that it's not an exciting cover, but it wouldn't have surprised me if it had sold for more. I guess this shows that 9.8 does not bring the premium in GA that it does in SA and BA, which I'd say is a positive sign. Maybe GA collectors are more likely to buy the book rather than the label.

So, far I am winning one auction.893crossfingers-thumb.gif Just missed out on a Captain Marvel Adventures 139. Got to admit, not too upset on that one. It looked dingy to me. And I can find that book elsewhere for the same price or less. I am kinda saving some money for the next Heritage Signature auction. Yes, I said it. I am going to bid on a Heritage auction. crazy.gif

I can't believe how cheap the Action #97 9.8 went for. $4600?? That's a MH too! I follow the prices for the Superman title, and non-key 9.4 Supes go for that. Have you found that HGs from the Supe title go for more than the Actions from the same time period? Also- the highest graded Action #101 only went for $2300... Weird how cheap the Actions are in contrast to the Superman title. Am I wrong? I always thought Actions were more desirable being the older line...

Even though the movie is just around the corner, Superman prices are at (about) a 3 year low...

$4600 isnt enough????????

Its just another nondescript GA Action comics... except, oh wait, it happens to be inside a 9.8 slab....and a MH. But 4600 is plenty to me. How much SHOULD it sell for?

$4600 is only 4.6 times guide. When I sold it in 2003 it went for just over 8 times guide! 893whatthe.gif

West

I somehow had it in my mind that this was a no reserve auction (guess I should read more carefully, after all Josh has given me 1-2 opportunities a day for 2 weeks now to understand this auction). So I bid on a few books that have been on CL for 2 years now and of course I did not meet reserve. I don't see the point of allowing reserves on this auction when the seller can simply treat the auction as if he has the book on CL. If I wasn't willing to pay the "reserve" when the book was on CL I won't pay it now.

so, is there a way that I can view the auctions that ended yesterday ? I'd like to see the sale prices if I could.

I've looked all over the C-link site and I can't figure out how to view ended auctions. confused-smiley-013.gif

thats the multiple game... comparing a street price to a catch-up minded Guide. At some point with these prices, Overstreet has to creep closer within range, right? MHs used to be only 5x guide didnt they?

Also, Nearmint, an Action 30 is a pretty far cry from a 97 to me...

so, is there a way that I can view the auctions that ended yesterday ? I'd like to see the sale prices if I could.

I've looked all over the C-link site and I can't figure out how to view ended auctions. confused-smiley-013.gif

The ended auctions are still there under the "Focused Auction" tab. It just lists the books that are ending today first. Keep hitting the "next page" tab and you'll eventually get to the ended auction results. thumbsup2.gif

The TEC #85 9.2 copy that sold for $5,600 may have been the biggest surprise. I see an 8.0 copy of that issue with white pages priced under $900.

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/default.asp?Focused=1&pg=2

The Actions are at the bottom but if you hit next all the rest should be completed auctions. If I am looking for something specific. I just put the keyword in the seach box.

I couldn't agree more. But the #30 was only a 9.2, while the #97 was a 9.8. It was just an example I was using to show that the 9.8 grade isn't as worshipped in GA as it is in SA and BA.

I couldn't agree more. But the #30 was only a 9.2, while the #97 was a 9.8. It was just an example I was using to show that the 9.8 grade isn't as worshipped in GA as it is in SA and BA.

got it. And in my mind thats a very good thing.