• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink April focused auction...

85 posts in this topic

I generally agree that the smart tactic is to wait till the end. But, sometimes I get lazy and make a big bid for what I care to pay and say the heck with it.... either I win or lose at that price, so be it. This also protects me from going over a price limit in the frantic heta of the last few moments. Ive had buyers remorse doing that too often. Havent you?

Who would show their cards so early on the TEC 31? No serious buyer would do that. I can just say the hell with him and put in a 12500 and laugh my arse off.

That has to be a reserve unless the buyer meant to put a bid in at 12k and hit the wrong button by hitting the straight bid. No one would show their cards so early. I am sure no one on here would do that if they were seriously interested in the book. I have seen people place bids and leave them and say if they are willing to pay more than I am they can have it. Whoever placed that bid made a mistake whether it was a buyer or the seller themselves.

Has anyone seen the high grade copy of Detective Comics #31 on comiclink?

West

Has anyone seen the high grade copy of Detective Comics #31 on comiclink?

West

I just looked. The front cover is amazing. Very clean, bright, and nicely centered.

Back cover cleaned by Susan C. Do you think it was done in a manner that it could still obtain a blue label?

Who would show their cards so early on the TEC 31? No serious buyer would do that. I can just say the hell with him and put in a 12500 and laugh my arse off.

That has to be a reserve unless the buyer meant to put a bid in at 12k and hit the wrong button by hitting the straight bid. No one would show their cards so early. I am sure no one on here would do that if they were seriously interested in the book. I have seen people place bids and leave them and say if they are willing to pay more than I am they can have it. Whoever placed that bid made a mistake whether it was a buyer or the seller themselves.

I agree 100%, I can't imagine doing a pre-bid on that book. Remember you and I during that last CLINK auction. Neither of us showed our hand until the last few seconds. Several books have been bid up quite a bit already that don't make a ton of sense. I know people do it, but in my mind, it make little sense. On the upside, if they bid them to the point it is more than I want to pay, I will pass and go for something else.

Is the book even worth $12,500 in mid grade. confused.gif Seems like the book might be a few thousand over what just about anyone would pay for it, no? I'm not up to speed on prices for this book but maybe an aggressive bid up front scares away about 99% of the people?

i was wondering the same - does anyone know the GPA or other price history for a blue 5.0 tec 31?

I dont mind the 12k i just dont understand the straight bid. it doesnt scare me and if it the 12k doesnt bother me it certainly does not bother alot of other people.

I have seen both books the Tec 31 and the 33 and they are sharp books. Both have great eye appeal. The 33 has that split on the spine towards the top about 1 inch but other than that it is a solid book structurally as is the 31.

If not for my staying focused on the Batman title I would definitely buy at least one of them.

The 33 has that split on the spine towards the top about 1 inch but other than that it is a solid book structurally as is the 31.

You might wish to examine the 33 a bit more carefully.

The GPA doesn't have the last actual sale listed(circa 2005). There are 3 copies in 5.0 and none of them are available or were available for less than 11k in 2005.

I can't believe how cheap the Action #97 9.8 went for. $4600?? That's a MH too! I follow the prices for the Superman title, and non-key 9.4 Supes go for that. Have you found that HGs from the Supe title go for more than the Actions from the same time period? Also- the highest graded Action #101 only went for $2300... Weird how cheap the Actions are in contrast to the Superman title. Am I wrong? I always thought Actions were more desirable being the older line...

Even though the movie is just around the corner, Superman prices are at (about) a 3 year low...