• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink April focused auction...

85 posts in this topic

I saw that book and said "Man, I wish I had a couple grand around". I will probably just hold out for a nice looking raw VG copy someday. I am definitely thinking, I will get into the GGA collecting in that next year or so. So, this book isn't an upgrade by chance is it? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I was the underbidder (always the bridesmaid never the bride) on the Superman #13 , I bid $1,150 thinking that would be enough, but it ended at $1,250, so anybody here win that book ??

I was the underbidder (always the bridesmaid never the bride) on the Superman #13 , I bid $1,150 thinking that would be enough, but it ended at $1,250, so anybody here win that book ??

I consigned that book (and a bunch of the other superman books). It's a terrific looking book for its grade but it did go for more than I was expecting. But I thought the 12 would go for more since it had white pages and also looks better than its grade.

-Peter

I consigned that book (and a bunch of the other superman books). It's a terrific looking book for its grade but it did go for more than I was expecting. But I thought the 12 would go for more since it had white pages and also looks better than its grade.

-Peter

yes, the next bid increment would have been $1,350, and I just couldn't drop that much on a 6.0, even though it is a great looking 6.0, oh well, onto other books.

I got this! (or at least I will when they ship it to me...)

future2.jpg

Super cool!! I was looking hard at that one. Nifty little series, and that's a great copy.

Believe it or not, I picked up this:

RAD824B12006327_153552.jpg

I'm a sucker for 1950's WWs, and they can be just about as hard to find as Centaurs. Extremely low print runs, just to maintain the copyright on the character (which would revert back to Marston's estate if DC ever stopped publishing the comic).

And yes, I'm definitely going to crack the slab (and throw the slab away and then run over the trash can with my minivan).

that's interesting Centaurman, about DC printing WW in the 50's in low runs just to keep the rights to the character.

I've never heard that before, I knew that only 3 Superheros made it through the 50's, Supes, Bats, and WW. but I never knew the rights would revert back to Marston's estate.

Congrats on the Wonder Woman. That's a nice copy. You're right about 1950s Wonder Womans; they're tough to find. I do like the colors on that WW 40.

Yes, I agree. Don't see too many 50's World's Finest floating around either. Cool pickup CMan.

Dude,

I won the book, I believe I had initially put a max bid of $1000 thinking that I had a pretty good shot. I later dicovered I had been outbid at $1,150 and the next bid would have to be $1,250 so I went for it realizing that it would bump the next bid high enough that someone would have to really want the book to bid again.

I aggressively bid on the Superman #13 in the last Heritage sig auction and was not even the bridesmaid, so I got a little compulsive on this on due to my planning on keeping it for a while.

Hey did you see how much the seller is asking for the Church copy of Action #97 in CGC 9.8? The bidders in the CL auction were almost 5K shy of his asking price! A great book that I used to own before it was ever in a slab and who knows maybe someone will step up to the plate to buy it at the multiples that I buyer is asking! I know there is no worse feeling than selling a book too cheap! If a book sells too quickly than you know you didn't ask enough for it!