• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Somebody write this quote down

15 posts in this topic

Bendis at Pittsburgh ComicCon the other day:

Brian Michael Bendis told fans he's excited about Ultimate Power, the event he's working on for release at the end of 2006 in which the Squadron Supreme and Ultimate comics crossover. The writer is creating the story with J. Michael Straczynski and Jeph Loeb, each writing three issues for the event. "Just about everybody who is anybody will show up in the book," Bendis said.

And to those who are afraid the combination of these two universes will eventually lead to a crossover between the Ultimate books and the regular Marvel universe? Bendis got scientific on the subject, pointing out the difference between dimensional jumping and jumping between whole universes, noting that Ultimate Power is being approached as a dimensional jump as opposed to a melding of universes. "In the Ultimate universe, there's already been a lot of dimensional stuff. And Squadron Supreme, it really is an Ultimate book already. If you look at it -- it's so good -- JMS does some awesome stuff in there -- but it's already the ultimate Squadron Supreme. So it does kind of fit very well into the dimensions that Mark was playing with, with the zombies for example.

"So there's no science there, if you look at it that way, for universe jumping, as far as melding the Ultimate universe and the '616' universe (as us nerds like to call it)," he explained. "And really, I mean, can you think of any story between the Ultimate universe and Marvel universe that needs to be told that wouldn't just be a disaster?"

Remember that bold part when 1 or 2 years down the road Marvel decides to do this thumbsup2.gif

Definitely, and once the juice has been squeezed from the "Ultimate Universe" and it's no longer "new and rad", then I foresee a "Marvel Crisis" 12-issue maxi-series where the two Universes collide, they all fight for 10 issues, and in the last issue we end up with an amalgamation of Ultimate and Marvel characters.

Definitely, and once the juice has been squeezed from the "Ultimate Universe" and it's no longer "new and rad", then I foresee a "Marvel Crisis" 12-issue maxi-series where the two Universes collide, they all fight for 10 issues, and in the last issue we end up with an amalgamation of Ultimate and Marvel characters.

It's a possibility, but don't forget that JMS and the Squadron Supreme are included in this concept. There is no way in hades that JMS could tell a crisis type story in only 12 issues. You could fall asleep while turning the pages on a JMS Squadron Supreme book.

Another good reason to concentrate on early modern and bronze issue for collectors and good reading then this dribble.... foreheadslap.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

I am guessing that shortly before cancelling Exiles, they will make a trip to the Ultimate-verse in an attempt to boost sales. Isn't Claremont going to be writing it soon? That's sure to put the nail in that book's coffin.

You forgot to say, "Man, am I glad I don't buy Moderns anymore. foreheadslap.gif"

You forgot to say, "Man, am I glad I don't buy Moderns anymore. foreheadslap.gif"

It's a given 27_laughing.gif

hey...don't bait him...

i'm hoping to get thru one quote without seeing that macro.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Supreme Power was great. Even the minis were good. I haven't read any of Squadron Supreme just yet, though I know the content has been dumbed down some. If that's what it takes to get more people reading so it isn't cancelled, such is life.