• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOW ACCEPTING GA CONTEST VOTES

136 posts in this topic

I didn't nominate Plastic Man #1 because there are Reed Crandall covers that far outshown that one in the series, IMHO. grin.gif

So why did you waste your nominations on some Fawcett covers then? poke2.gif

I was hoping that other people would nominate covers that were beyond my top 5. I'm really surprised that Suspense Comics #8 and Weird Mysteries #5 were not nominated. And I think that Wolverton is underrepresented. I don't think Cole's and Matt Baker's best covers are represented either.

Not one Rangers Comics cover! I'd say that #26 (who is it? Whitman? Lubbers?) is stronger than Wings Comics #89 and 91 -- #90 is hard to beat though.

And no Firehair, and... and....

Voting is impossible -- I got the superhero group down to top 16, non-superhero down to top 32, but now I'm rendered catatonic! How long do we have, six months?

Surprising that I won't be voting for some of my own nominees, which probably means that they'll be shut out.

Jack

Suprising that I won't be voting for some of my own nominees, which probably means that they'll be shut out.

Not necessarily. Some books I've nominated and for which I didn't vote for have already received votes. thumbsup2.gif

No fair. You didn't have a cranky lawyer show up telling you this type of format is doomed and all the other 893blahblah.gif

Poor naive Mica. You didn't pay us all off beforehand like Scrooge did. gossip.gif

No fair. You didn't have a cranky lawyer show up telling you this type of format is doomed and all the other 893blahblah.gif

Poor naive Mica. You didn't pay us all off beforehand like Scrooge did. gossip.gif

You weren't the cranky one I had in mind. poke2.gif

Ghost Rider

foreheadslap.gif

tonofbricks.gif

i knew i forgot something.

i could have easily come up with a top fifty list for the non-SH books. so many great, great covers.

the SuperHero list would have exceeded fifty.

God help me when the Copper Age contest rolls around. i don't think i will participate in that one

I did not nominate All Select #1 because I thought someone else would... I was wrong! sumo.gif

West

I'm also surprised that All Select #1 wasn't nominated. Atleast I got USA #7 in there. thumbsup2.gif

I debated between All Select #1 and #2. I finally nominated the #2 because I felt there was an intensity that was distinctive about it relative to some of the other Schomberg covers that were already nominated. But there were several other Schombergs I could have nominated just about as easily as these two. Too many good ones to choose from.

I did not nominate All Select #1 because I thought someone else would... I was wrong! sumo.gif

West

I'm also surprised that All Select #1 wasn't nominated. Atleast I got USA #7 in there. thumbsup2.gif

I debated between All Select #1 and #2. I finally nominated the #2 because I felt there was an intensity that was distinctive about it relative to some of the other Schomberg covers that were already nominated. But there were several other Schombergs I could have nominated just about as easily as these two. Too many good ones to choose from.

I can safely say there will not be a single Schomburg in my selections. sumo.gif

And no LB Coles. sumo.gif

And no Basil Wolvertons. sumo.gif

West

I can safely say there will not be a single Schomburg in my selections. sumo.gif

And no LB Coles. sumo.gif

And no Basil Wolvertons. sumo.gif

What are you doing back here in GA? Just scoot yourself right on back to the Copper "Greatest Covers Ever" thread.

Scrooge, do we let the aesthetically-impaired vote? poke2.gif

What are you doing back here in GA? Just scoot yourself right on back to the Copper "Greatest Covers Ever" thread.

I like Copper covers. confused-smiley-013.gif

So sue me. devil.gif

There must be some convention of International Law that you've broken that would allow us to haul your behind over to the Hague. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Scrooge, do we let the aesthetically-impaired vote? poke2.gif

Well ... we did request everyone's vote (even the guys who think the Copper Age has the highest density of good covers screwy.gif). I guess we're stuck with him now? And to be fair to him, knowing what I know, you'd be surprised by the results so far ...

And no LB Coles.

And no Basil Wolvertons

Scrooge will attest to my astonishment that I voted for TWO L. B. Cole covers -- and no Schomburgs!

My Kelly votes were no surprise to anyone.

Jack