• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAREST book?

40 posts in this topic

I would say Big book of fun comics is the rarest D.C..............Key anyway.

I dont know where it stands but I have seen at least 11 different copies of New Fun #2 and I would say #6 is the rarest of the batch from 1 to 6

I didn't know those were rare. My Grandma has a stack of those in her attic.

Romance comics are at times a pain to find and so are commonly prone to lead to bidding wars from the small crowd of completists.

Buttock. Are these book regular size or are they pocket formats?

The run of Jumbo Comics # 1-8 on the current Heritage Signature Auction is certainly a rare batch of books.The hammer price on those should be very interesting.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

It's not an insignificant run by any means,especially with # 1 containing the first work by Kirby and Fine.Sometimes it dumbfounds me to realize that the artist who was blowing my mind in the 60's started out so much earlier.I would be nervous having them shipped considering how large (and unslabbed) they are.I suppose the chap( or chapess) who can afford that lot will probably take possession in person.From a historical standpoint,I'm surprised the # 1 isn't worthy of 70k by itself.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

I just purchased my first (and probably last) Gerber 10 book - the Cyclone Comics #1 ashcan. Gerber doesn't actually call it a "10" because it isn't even mentioned in his photo-journals. This is the only known copy, so I guess that qualifies as a 10.