• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big comic collection stolen

161 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I'm selling 25 unopened long boxes of comics. These comics have never seen daylight and they are all NM or better condition. Please send offers via PM.

Do you have a website ? Pics perhaps ? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes, but I am not willing to open the boxes to confirm the contents. I will be happy to send you a picture of the unopened boxs though.

As with Joeypost, the only things I consider most valuable is my Comic Collection, and my Toy Collection (Mainly consists of Comic Characters, and a Large collection of Transformers) next to my valuables is my Entertainment System (TV, PS2, the games, and my movies)

But gaining the movies, games and etc woulden't be hard compared to my Comic and Toy collection.

flowerred.gif Sorry if you took my posting the wrong way. I definately was not trying to make fun of someones misfortune.

I hope I am wrong, but I feel there is alot more to this story then what was printed.

As with Joeypost, the only things I consider most valuable is my Comic Collection, and my Toy Collection (Mainly consists of Comic Characters, and a Large collection of Transformers) next to my valuables is my Entertainment System (TV, PS2, the games, and my movies)

But gaining the movies, games and etc woulden't be hard compared to my Comic and Toy collection.

Unless you purchase one of Neatstuffcollectibles million comic collection yay.gif

...how about for once we make this a positive and useful thread and post the different insurance carriers that we have to cover our collectibles instead of having a poke of fun at someones misfortune?...

I say we invite him onto the boards, poke fun at him, post some funny pictures of him and then Arch can disappear the thread.

And then ban him. yay.gif

Unless you purchase one of Neatstuffcollectibles million comic collection yay.gif

lol, Do they consist of 90% DC, and 10% Marvel? If so, then I am more screwed then I thought. If not, then do they consist of the comics I have already, and more? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

flowerred.gif Sorry if you took my posting the wrong way. I definately was not trying to make fun of someones misfortune.

I hope I am wrong, but I feel there is alot more to this story then what was printed.

It would all depend on whether or not the guy has insurance. I have never heard of an entire comic collection being stolen ever. Although a comic collection being stolen is not something that would be news worthy so who knows. Now with the internet you find out things almost immediately. Whoever stole them will try to sell some of them soon no doubt.

...how about for once we make this a positive and useful thread and post the different insurance carriers that we have to cover our collectibles instead of having a poke of fun at someones misfortune?...

I say we invite him onto the boards, poke fun at him, post some funny pictures of him and then Arch can disappear the thread.

Actually I'd like to reserve judgment until I get to hear the thieves side of the story. 893naughty-thumb.gif

It would all depend on whether or not the guy has insurance. I have never heard of an entire comic collection being stolen ever. Although a comic collection being stolen is not something that would be news worthy so who knows. Now with the internet you find out things almost immediately. Whoever stole them will try to sell some of them soon no doubt.

news.gif This just in....A man named Corey Shuman was just arrested trying to sell 25 long comic boxes to a private collector. The collector became suspicious and informed authorities when Corey described the comics as all being NM and all 25 comic boxes sealed acclaim.gifdevil.gif

...would you be having such a good time if it was your buddy Doug's collection that was stolen?... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Assuming they won't try and piece meal the collection. But then again, crooks have no patience.

You know Rock, You really should consider a stickectomy. You know, where you get that stick up your azz removed. flowerred.gif

Yeah, I get it. You don't like me. Now get over it. thumbsup2.gif

Seriously, are you capable of verbalizing exactly what it is I do that rings your bell so loud? Or is the passive aggressive baloney the only way you know how to communicate? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm sure one of the guys who works at my storage facility is seriously considering robbing me. I keep most of the good stuff worth more than $40-$50 at home, but there are a lot of $10-$20 books sitting in those boxes.

I'm sure one of the guys who works at my storage facility is seriously considering robbing me. I keep most of the good stuff worth more than $40-$50 at home, but there are a lot of $10-$20 books sitting in those boxes.

Why don't you get a storage unit with private alarms per unit and 24 hour camera and security. It will cost you a little more but at least you'll have peace of mind.