• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big comic collection stolen

161 posts in this topic

What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear the world all around us. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's what 99% of this board asks about you JC 27_laughing.gif

Your answer demonstrates you have absolutely no idea what that statement means. Congrats. thumbsup2.gif

I better do like the rest of the forum and get the heck out of here. I think every reply to you two comedians lowers your IQ by 2 points.

Now back to your regular scheduled blathering. hi.gif

What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear the world all around us. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's what 99% of this board asks about you JC 27_laughing.gif

Your answer demonstrates you have absolutely no idea what that statement means. Congrats. thumbsup2.gif

I better do like the rest of the forum and get the heck out of here. I think every reply to you two comedians lowers your IQ by 2 points.

Now back to your regular scheduled blathering. hi.gif

You want to have an IQ test buddy, name the day. The reference that you made that we cannot see and cannot hear the world around us refers to the board members who want to see you banned but you are to ignorant to see it. makepoint.gif

I know this is a little off topic but later on I will be posting in the Selling forum a few books.

Recently my grandfather gave me a large comic book collection. His collection spans 25 years and he started at the age of five. The collection is stored in 25 comic long boxes each holding approximately 300 books so it will take me awhile to sort and scan.

Ubie X devil.gif

Ubie,

I told you to wait until the HEAT was off Christo_pull_hair.gif

27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

Seriously!!

Come'on! I thought for sure the Grandfather story would fool everyone, it's so original.

You want to have an IQ test buddy, name the day.

How much, said the spider to the fly.

You scan your Mensa card and I'll scan mine.

JC,

Does this one count?

img_homepg_top_wlc.gif

Ubie X

An interesting thread. I think I'll save it. The humor will come in handy, when the next board members collection is stolen.

...yep,..karma comes to visit when you least expect it folks,...

Karma? Yea, I did her, she wasn't that good.

Why do I suspect that the former owner of this collection recently both lost his job and bought a CIA policy?

Stealing 25 long boxes is an awful lot of work. IF the thieves were collectors,they could have skimmed the best books and left the rest behind.

Stoty as presented makes next to no sense.

An interesting thread. I think I'll save it. The humor will come in handy, when the next board members collection is stolen.

...yep,..karma comes to visit when you least expect it folks,...

earl.jpg

Dang! Well that's something else I gotta add to my list...

"Go appologize to florida comic book guy for making fun on an online thread about

his collection getting ripped off"...

wink.gif

Having recently traded in a van, I was trying to visualize how to stack 25 long boxes. Stacking 3 high....left to right or front to back....etc...

Seems like a lot of weight on those back tires.

Then I thought how out of shape I would feel after loading them. I complain when I have to move one box I can't imagine having to quickly load 25 of these.

To me this story doesn't seem likely. Possible yes, sure anything is possible, but not likely.

I think I'll move my boxes from one spot to another and time myself to see how long it would take.

I'm guessing these books would be in an interior room then moved through a possible kitchen into a side door that leads to a garage then into a van. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here is a pic of how many (full to the brim) longboxes fit into the back of my relatively small (mid-size) 2000 Volkswagen Passat wagon:

ComicBoxes.jpg

There are 16 longboxes in that pic, and I put 2 more longways before I closed the hatch. As well, I loaded my car by myself from the second floor duplex where I live

in less than 15 minutes.

Goes to show that 25 longboxes could be taken really quickly and possibly under the radar.

What really happened though... confused-smiley-013.gif

Having recently traded in a van, I was trying to visualize how to stack 25 long boxes. Stacking 3 high....left to right or front to back....etc...

Then I thought how out of shape I would feel after loading them. I complain when I have to move one box I can't imagine having to quickly load 25 of these.

To me this story doesn't seem likely. Possible yes, sure anything is possible, but not likely.

I think I'll move my boxes from one spot to another and time myself to see how long it would take.

I'm guessing these books would be in an interior room then moved through a possible kitchen into a side door that leads to a garage then into a van. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here is a pic of how many (full to the brim) longboxes fit into the back of my relatively small (mid-size) 2000 Volkswagen Passat wagon:

ComicBoxes.jpg

There are 16 longboxes in that pic, and I put 2 more longways before I closed the hatch. As well, I loaded my car by myself from the second floor duplex where I live

in less than 15 minutes.

Goes to show that 25 longboxes could be taken really quickly and possibly under the radar.

You're pretty good. Been to Florida lately. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

ComicBoxes.jpg

in less than 15 minutes.

devil.gif

ComicBoxes.jpg

in less than 15 minutes.

devil.gif

Hah, there's the evidence boys...

he's all yours.

grin.gif

Hey, that's not how to pack a van! You can get 50 long boxes in a van easily. I would suggest heavy-load tires and some heavy duty shocks, but short distances are not a problem.

This is how you pack a van: smile.gif

507513-books6.jpg

Yeah.. I was going to comment on the haphazard way those boxes were in there... looked like you could have gotten one more longbox in there on the second row... grin.gif

I like the way CKB packed his vehicle with surgical precision.. thumbsup2.gif

I personally like to use a moving blanket on top of the comics to keep them from shifting during the drive. Nothing drives me more crazy than knowing I just flipped a box of expensive comics over while I'm driving on the highway....

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Looks like someone likes Cribari, just a tad too much. grin.gif I moved 9 FULLlong boxes and could have fit another 3 easy on the first tier. So, I figure it really wouldn't be that hard. But again, time is another factor in this. It still would have taken at least 1/2 an hour.