• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big comic collection stolen

161 posts in this topic

So a couple of guys are driving around late night and out of the blue pick a house while the owner of the home is on vacation and randomly find 25 long boxes of comics by chance 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeahok.gif

I agree, from the sound of it, crooks knew what they were doing...Were probably once in the house and were shown the collection...

How the hell do you rip off 25 LBoxes and nobody sees a thing

Late night, owner on vacation confused-smiley-013.gif

So a couple of guys are driving around late night and out of the blue pick a house while the owner of the home is on vacation and randomly find 25 long boxes of comics by chance 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeahok.gif

Clearly, one needs a truck . . . and might as well throw in the stereo, TV, cameras, cash, art, jewels, etc. while they're at it insane.gif

At best this "report" reeks of . . . oh, just fill in the blanks . . . grin.gif

yeahok.gif

Alright dammit.....I did it devil.gif

You weren't suppose to tell! We was in this together you fooL!

I know, I know...but I was under PRESSURE makepoint.gif

Oh well, you have the collection in your hands, see you in jail. cloud9.gif

As for me I got off scotch free. acclaim.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I know this is a little off topic but later on I will be posting in the Selling forum a few books.

Recently my grandfather gave me a large comic book collection. His collection spans 25 years and he started at the age of five. The collection is stored in 25 comic long boxes each holding approximately 300 books so it will take me awhile to sort and scan.

Ubie X devil.gif

Ubie,

I told you to wait until the HEAT was off Christo_pull_hair.gif

27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

yeahok.gif

Sounds like an inside job to me too. Either a neighbor, friend or perhaps a professional (plumber, painter or other who would of been trusted in the house for a sort period of time and saw the books) did the stealing. I feel pretty bad because if my collection was stolen I'd give up collecting. I've invested too much energy into my collection to have to start over again. So why I can't know what this person feels right now, I can make a good guess. Money, diamonds and stock options can be replaced but historical property and memories are irreplaceable.

No kidding, must be a new pattern for thieves, forget jewelry, electronics etc, go looking for comics poke2.gif

Yeah, I here you can git rich quick offa dem things poke2.gif

As long as they know how to grade 893whatthe.gif

No kidding, must be a new pattern for thieves, forget jewelry, electronics etc, go looking for comics poke2.gif

Your assuming the crooks weren't collectors themselves. Why take jeweler, electoronics ect and make a couple hundred dollars when you can take the guys comics worth a few thousand not to mention a chance to fill in a few holes in their own collection. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Your assuming the crooks weren't collectors themselves. Why take jeweler, electoronics ect and make a couple hundred dollars when you can take the guys comics worth a few thousand not to mention a chance to fill in a few holes in their own collection. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

That's what I tried to say aswell.

Perhaps they was collectors theirselves. If so, it makes alittle more sence.

But how did the thieves know there were comics there 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

poke2.gif

I can't believe it officer, 25 boxes of comics I collected since I was 5 years old. How can I ever replace my collection of Spawn, New Mutants and the entire Image and Valiant publications with no missing issues....

I paid over $1000 for the Spiderman #1 CGC 10.0; the cornerstone of my collection....

I can't believe it officer, 25 boxes of comics I collected since I was 5 years old. How can ever replace my collection of Spawn, New Mutants and the entire Image and Valiant publications with no missing issues....

I paid over $1000 for the Spierman #1 CGC 10.0 the cornerstone of my collection....

careful dude, Joeypost doesn't think your funny either makepoint.gif

Don't forget postal carriers and the other big delivery companies. They notice you receive boxes you need to sign for, that are insured, etc and some take notice. There are many factors that lead to a theft like this, but one thing is certain...the theives went in there specifically for the books. It has been mentioned but removing and moving 25 long boxes of comics requires advanced planning.

This is why documented proof of what you own is so vital.