• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just checked the Heritage Auction has anyone else?

117 posts in this topic

I just got my catalog... it's fun playing "Where have I seen that book as a lower grade before?" I call it the "Heritage Pressed Challenge"

Superman #13 8.5 now

Superman #13 8.0 in January 06 auction.

Good times!

I just want to say that anyone thinking ahead to the future about all these books that have been Grade SuperSized should factor in the old axiom that "it all comes out eventually." Theres no guarantee that the chickens will come home to roost (another old chestnut) but as we have seen before in this hobby. things that are easy and "too good to be true" usually are. So even though its Good Times for pressing and improving books, something tells me that many of them will b;acklisted and treated accordingly at some point of reckoning in the (not too distant) future.

nuff said.

and if you want to discuss this personally with me, Ill be the guy in sackcloths on the corner of 115th and Main with the hand painted sign that warns "The End Is Near!"

27_laughing.gif

I just got my catalog... it's fun playing "Where have I seen that book as a lower grade before?" I call it the "Heritage Pressed Challenge"

Mile High Magic Comics #1 old label 6.0

Mile High Magic Comics #1 new label 7.0

Mile High Magic Comics #3 old label 5.5

Mile High Magic Comics #3 new label 6.5

I think I know...I have my eye on it too. D'oh!

Dan

i had an immediate guess and since there is a copy of that book in the auction i think i know what SS's got his eye on. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

as it turns out, my copy which got sold at the NYCcon went for 143% of high GPA price. i'm thinking we didn't turn those results in yet........... blush.gif

I think I know...I have my eye on it too. D'oh!

Dan

i had an immediate guess and since there is a copy of that book in the auction i think i know what SS's got his eye on. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

as it turns out, my copy which got sold at the NYCcon went for 143% of high GPA price. i'm thinking we didn't turn those results in yet........... blush.gif

Not the Strange Tales #107 because I don't like the writing on the cover. I should have bid on your copy a little more agreesively but not being able to attend the Javits center I probably would have been out bid anyways as your copy was spectacular and the asking price of $600 I thought was cheap. hail.gif I know it went for a few bills more than that.

Mile High Magic Comics #1 old label 6.0

Mile High Magic Comics #1 new label 7.0

Mile High Magic Comics #3 old label 5.5

Mile High Magic Comics #3 new label 6.5

Thanks to you and ClarkKent for identifying these books. Anyone else spot any other upgrades that I can add to the upgrade database?