• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just checked the Heritage Auction has anyone else?

117 posts in this topic

The prices are ridiculous. Anyone else think this as well? I think I will get priced out before i even get to bid.

Prices look very cheap to me. confused-smiley-013.gif Though, I suspect we are probably looking at different things. juggle.gif And, I don't necessarily expect them to remain cheap; it's still early days here.

I dont know what to say about this auction. As someone who follows batman books very closely and knows pricing on these books and what fair value is I just dont believe these prices.

They are posting reserves on the 4th.

Probably no point in bidding until the 5th. I'm watching some Planet Comics and none of them at this point are over $5. Many are still at zero. I expect them all to jump to three figures once the reserves are in.

The prices are ridiculous. Anyone else think this as well? I think I will get priced out before i even get to bid.

Prices look very cheap to me. confused-smiley-013.gif Though, I suspect we are probably looking at different things. juggle.gif And, I don't necessarily expect them to remain cheap; it's still early days here.

are you looking to buy more Elvgrens? I want to get one, but I cant seem to light on one that really "does it" for me. It has to be pure Elvgren sexy and well painted and detailed.... but not so sexy that its embarrassin g... know what I mean?

are you looking to buy more Elvgrens? I want to get one, but I cant seem to light on one that really "does it" for me. It has to be pure Elvgren sexy and well painted and detailed.... but not so sexy that its embarrassin g... know what I mean?

Have you seen the 3 Elvgrens in the Heritage Fine Arts auction ending next week? I was thinking about going for the one with the blue background ("Fresh Breeze (Wayward Wind)") as it has some of the boldest colors of any Elvgren I've seen and it's in excellent condition. But, I'm not sure it quite strikes my fancy as much as some others I've seen (I'm very particular about my women tongue.gif), so I think I am going to hold off. I would think that one might fit your "sexy, well painted and detailed, but not embarrassing" criteria? As might the "Making Friends" painting in the same auction? That one's not quite sexy enough for me, however! blush.gif

To answer your question, I want to get at least one more Elvgren and, after I pick up a few more nice Vampirella pieces, Elvgren may indeed become my #1 collecting focus. They are perfectly sized at 24"x30" and display beautifully - I'd love to have a whole wall of them!