• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thinking about trading sketch variants for FF's

26 posts in this topic

While they are not for sale I am wondering if there would be any interest in trading 3 sketch variants... Ms Marvel.... Iron Man..... and Civil War b/w for some Fantastic Fours that I need. I am looking for vol1 issues 4,5,12,14,15,17,18,19,23,26,33,39,40 and 113. This might be a way for someone to get rid of some old dusty worthless comics for some shiny new ones. I have between 100-200 dollars invested in these three books and thought it would be a fun way to possibly help finish my FF collection. If there are any offers I will let you know my decission tomorrow at this time.

I almost forgot the deal would be treated like cash I would first send you the variants in a priority mail box with a five dollar bill and if you like we trade if not you send back using priority mail in same condition. all books are in nm or better conidtion. I don't presently have a scanner so I figure this would be the best way to handle it to ensure satisfaction.

Wow!!!!!! 893whatthe.gifthe response to this is overwhelming so far everyone must be rummaging through their collections trying to find those old FF's devil.gif

Depends on the issues, #4-15 good,17-26 vg 33-40 fine and 113 mint I looking for a relatively even swap value wise although the variants are somewhat hard to determine fair value at this point. I know I won't be getting top dollar copies for these.

Depends on the issues, #4-15 good,17-26 vg 33-40 fine and 113 mint I looking for a relatively even swap value wise although the variants are somewhat hard to determine fair value at this point. I know I won't be getting top dollar copies for these.

trading key silver age for moderns Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifforeheadslap.gif

There's nothing wrong with it if someone has doubles and is short on cash to get these variants it works out great for both of us. I'm not asking for all of these issues it may only be one issue if I like the condition enough. For ex a low grade but decent #4 that has good eye appel in my opinion for all three variants I might even kick in a few dollars if the trade is truly unbalanced.

There's nothing wrong with it if someone has doubles and is short on cash to get these variants it works out great for both of us. I'm not asking for all of these issues it may only be one issue if I like the condition enough. For ex a low grade but decent #4 that has good eye appel in my opinion for all three variants I might even kick in a few dollars if the trade is truly unbalanced.

I don't know....nothing personal but I'd rather keep my silver in lieu of the high print runs of todays moderns....variant or not....good luck confused-smiley-013.gif

Take a look at Silver Age print runs. Some are way higher than the limited Modern books. I know, it's really dependant on issues. And I see your point. It's just all a matter of taste. But, for an individual, it could be a good way of gaining some Modern books and upgrading to better copies of the SA copies later.

Pat

Yep right now my goal is complete my run of FF's then as time / money allows up grade. I could easily list these on ebay then take the money and turn around and buy more FF's. I thought this would be more fun plus if it doesn't happen I still have some nice variants.

Yep right now my goal is complete my run of FF's then as time / money allows up grade. I could easily list these on ebay then take the money and turn around and buy more FF's. I thought this would be more fun plus if it doesn't happen I still have some nice variants.

Nothing wrong with the proposal at all. And you are right, it is often a lot more fun for collectors to trade. thumbsup2.gif

While they are not for sale I am wondering if there would be any interest in trading 3 sketch variants... Ms Marvel.... Iron Man..... and Civil War b/w for some Fantastic Fours that I need. I am looking for vol1 issues 4,5,12,14,15,17,18,19,23,26,33,39,40 and 113. This might be a way for someone to get rid of some old dusty worthless comics for some shiny new ones. I have between 100-200 dollars invested in these three books and thought it would be a fun way to possibly help finish my FF collection. If there are any offers I will let you know my decission tomorrow at this time.

I have a extra FF 19 in VGF and a 40 in F-.

hi.gif

nothing personal but I'd rather keep my silver in lieu of the high print runs of todays moderns....variant or not....good luck confused-smiley-013.gif

You're kidding, right? The print runs today are the lowest they have ever been.

You're kidding, right? The print runs today are the lowest they have ever been.

But it's all relative, not to mention that attrition will be a *bit* higher on a book from the early-60's, compared to something printed yesteryday. insane.gif

I only trade age for age; Silver for Silver, Bronze for Bronze and Modern for Modern, and that's the only rational way to do it.