• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NSH GA RESULTS - 5 to 1

142 posts in this topic

My #1 pick (Fight Comics #32) didn't even make the top 30 Christo_pull_hair.gif

Actually after reading the excellent write ups on all these great issues, I've gotten a greater appreciation for many of the covers I didn't vote for thumbsup2.gif

1. Little Lulu #16

Only 2 in the top 20. I wonder how many of these I was the only voter on? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i was this close to voting for this one. it's a great cover by any measure

Ended up at # 48 with 27 points from 5 different people (HouseofComics, BobPfef, 143ksk, ckb and HarveyDude).

Come on now that is a great cover. Where else do you get a chick tied to the wall an old man with green skin filling a syringe while getting shot in the head by a dude named Brent while a 10ft green gorilla watches. Booya!!!

27_laughing.gif, exactly. Now you guys will never see the descriptive blurb I would have worked up for this cover. Does the phrase "Groundbreaking 1st Green Gorilla Cover" mean anything to you??

1. Little Lulu #16

Only 2 in the top 20. I wonder how many of these I was the only voter on? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i was this close to voting for this one. it's a great cover by any measure

Ended up at # 48 with 27 points from 5 different people (HouseofComics, BobPfef, 143ksk, ckb and HarveyDude).

thumbsup2.gif Gentlemen of fine tastes, all. 27_laughing.gif

I'm a fanboy right in the middle, but my number one didn't even get an honerable discharge. sorry.gif

#1 Supersnipe V1#8 cloud9.gif

#2 Spirit 22

#3 Blue Beetle 54

#4 Suspense #3

#5 Jungle 99

#6 Zoot 14

#7 Air Ace V2#2

#8 Startling 46

#9 Action #2

#10 Suzie #51

so did supersnipe get any votes but mine 27_laughing.gif

I love it for many reasons, but one being it's the cover that brought me into collecting the GA of comics.

I'm a fanboy right in the middle, but my number one didn't even get an honerable discharge. sorry.gif

Oh, it's a special book. It's the only one to receive only 1 vote which happened to be a # 1 vote 27_laughing.gif

Here were mine.

Non-superhero votes:

1) Detective Comics #18

2) Suspense Comics #3

3) New Adventure Comics #26

4) Action Comics #2

5) Adventure Comics #37

6) Detective Comics #15

7) Four Color #386

8) Startling Comics #49

9) Crime Does Not Pay #42

10) Crime SuspenStories #22

What happened to the write-ups for the #1 and #2 books? No commentary for the two greatest non-SH GA covers of all time? confused.gif

Anyway, this was a great poll. For some reason I found it to be a lot more fun than the other cover polls that came before. Nicely done, guys! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Actually after reading the excellent write ups on all these great issues, I've gotten a greater appreciation for many of the covers I didn't vote for thumbsup2.gif

Well said...couldn't agree more! yay.gif

Many thanks to Scrooge, Norinn, Fred & everyone else who made these contests possible. thumbsup2.gif

Many thanks to Scrooge, Norinn, Fred & everyone else who made these contests possible. thumbsup2.gif

Great job guys! thumbsup2.gif

Oh, it's a special book. It's the only one to receive only 1 vote which happened to be a # 1 vote 27_laughing.gif

That's ok with me cloud9.gif

Ditto goes for me. This contest should definitely be run every year. I'm sure our picks would vary based on what we're collecting at the time.

# 2 - Weird Science-Fantasy 29

Total Points - 194

# of votes - 28

# of 1st place vote - 9 (blutobc, houseofcomics, Jeffreykli, 143ksk, Theagenes, Zipper68, rob_react, JBud73, Adamstrange)

My new "Top 9 Forum Members" list. headbang.gif

Even if I'd voted it still would haven't had enough points for 1st place. screwy.gif

Nice work Scrooge but I am missing somehting, no Marvel Mystery Comics #9? Not even a vote? I know I voted for it and personally I can't believe it didn't crack the top 20.

It's in the SH thread: 31 points from 6 people. Didn't fare very well.

Here are my votes :

1) Famous Funnies 214

2) Frontline Combat 8

3) Planet Comics 28

4) Shock SuspenStories 6

5) Weird Science 16

6) Spirit 22

7) Fairy Tales Parade 3

8) Suspense Comics 11

9) Sparkler Comics 14

10) Tales from the Crypt 46

No Fanboy title for me! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I still think Famous Funnies 214 should have won over Weird Science Fantasy 29... WSF 29 is a great Frazetta composition, but the logo and rocket on the left kill it for me...For me the appeal of a comic book cover needs to take logo, captions into consideration. With WSF 29, the drawing takes too little space in the cover. If that cover had been designed à la Famous Funnies (I'm refering to the logo here) it would have gone straight to the top IMO...

I'm sure one of you can upgrade WSF 29 with Photoshop ? I would be curious to see the result 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here are my votes :

1) Famous Funnies 214

2) Frontline Combat 8

3) Planet Comics 28

4) Shock SuspenStories 6

5) Weird Science 16

6) Spirit 22

7) Fairy Tales Parade 3

8) Suspense Comics 11

9) Sparkler Comics 14

10) Tales from the Crypt 46

No Fanboy title for me! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I still think Famous Funnies 214 should have won over Weird Science Fantasy 29... WSF 29 is a great Frazetta composition, but the logo and rocket on the left kill it for me...For me the appeal of a comic book cover needs to take logo, captions into consideration. With WSF 29, the drawing takes too little space in the cover. If that cover had been designed à la Famous Funnies (I'm refering to the logo here) it would have gone straight to the top IMO...

I'm sure one of you can upgrade WSF 29 with Photoshop ? I would be curious to see the result 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1222474-1193969-NGAC-WeirdScienceFantasy29copy.jpg

1222474-1193969-NGAC-WeirdScienceFantasy29copy.jpg.016ca9a3f92826f8057277abd6c7ed2f.jpg