• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show your best Commissions!

45 posts in this topic

I got this done by an artist on the CAF. He did this in three stages. inked, grey graphites and then watercolored. I can't believe the amount of detail he put into it for the small price I paid. I am having another piece done by him...as are a few other forum members.

Batman

Speaking of which, how is the series nowadays? I loved the first 40 issues, but then just kept buying them in the hopes of reading a bunch in one sitting...and now have 25 or so issues piled up, ready to go. In retrospect, probably should have just gone with the trades. At any rate, I hope the series is still worth reading. :-)

I hope you have that piece framed!

Speaking of which, how is the series nowadays? I loved the first 40 issues, but then just kept buying them in the hopes of reading a bunch in one sitting...and now have 25 or so issues piled up, ready to go. In retrospect, probably should have just gone with the trades. At any rate, I hope the series is still worth reading. :-)

I hope you have that piece framed!

Still really good. It strays a little here and there, but it will all tie in somehow. Still one of the best reads each month. It's getting near the end now, so alot of stuff is setting up to go down. I really wish Enrico would start breaking some of the new issues up to sell. frustrated.gif

I haven't framed any of my art yet, but this will be the first thing that gets framed.

I just buy 100 bullets in trade format as I didn’t pick it up when it first started, and I really enjoy it. Love the art, obviously, but it’s cool how the story is taking shape. I plan on re-reading the series when I get some of the trades back from a friend in England. Well worth checking out.

Cheers!

Simon

That Risso 100 Bullets commission is awesome! Is that Echo in the background with Graves? Risso's my top commission want right now... he's my favorite artist and 100 Bullets continues to blow me away every month. Too bad his commission list is still full.

That Risso 100 Bullets commission is awesome! Is that Echo in the background with Graves? Risso's my top commission want right now... he's my favorite artist and 100 Bullets continues to blow me away every month. Too bad his commission list is still full.

Good eye. thumbsup2.gif My commission instructions to him were the following:

Graves, Dizzy, Megan, Echo, guns, briefcase, Trust Symbol. All the rest is pure Eduardo.

I love that he added some bystanders running for their lives in the shootout. cloud9.gif

If you do want a commission, contact Enrico and ask him to be added to the list. He will alert you when Eduardo is ready to take on a new batch. You just have to be ready to pay when you get that alert. I waited over 2 years for my turn to come up.

I thought 100 Bullets was headed for 100 issues? At least, that's what Azzarello told me a few years back...so I assume there are still 30 issues left?

I want to read them and catch up on everything, but at the same time it's been two years since I read the title, and so I almost feel it would be better to wait until the series is over, then go back and start again from issue 1.

I thought 100 Bullets was headed for 100 issues? At least, that's what Azzarello told me a few years back...so I assume there are still 30 issues left?

I want to read them and catch up on everything, but at the same time it's been two years since I read the title, and so I almost feel it would be better to wait until the series is over, then go back and start again from issue 1.

Correct (100 issues). They just got past #70 recently. I've done a few re-reads of the series, just to keep up with everything. I'll read it in it's entirety once its completed.

I'd sure love to get a cover away from Dave, but he doesn't sell. I've got the complete color guide to issue #40, and quite a few Risso pages. A cover and a -script would be great to complete the package.

Don't you just hate it when the artist keeps their work?!? :-p

Yeah, some of those 100 Bullets covers are sweet. I remember seeing the Eiffel Tower Steranko homage cover (#12?) up for sale, but it was 80% stat.

I really love the three covers in the 30's, with Dizzy (the one on the hood of the car is my favorite). Wonder what those covers would go for if they ever hit the market?

The cover to #20 is still listed as "for sale" on his website...price is $2000. Certainly a reasonable price for a painted cover...unfortunately, the cover in question is painfully average, IMO. Considering that it hasn't sold yet, others must agree.

Johnson cover art for 100 Bullets is another dream of mine. I figured he didn't sell too much if though, since I've seen so little of it on the market (the 'market' basically being me searching CAF for his name).

I remember seeing the Eiffel Tower Steranko homage cover (#12?) up for sale, but it was 80% stat.

I passed on that one for $1300. Maybe it's worth it, but not to me. Great cover but too much paste-up.

The cover to #20 is still listed as "for sale" on his website...price is $2000. Certainly a reasonable price for a painted cover...unfortunately, the cover in question is painfully average, IMO. Considering that it hasn't sold yet, others must agree.

I stare at that one on almost a monthly basis trying to convince myself it's better than it really is. Hasn't worked yet.

Has anyone actually talked to Dave about selling? I know the site says he doesn't, but maybe he just needs to be prodded a bit (with a fat checkbook)...