• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show your best Commissions!

45 posts in this topic

I passed on that one for $1300. Maybe it's worth it, but not to me. Great cover but too much paste-up.

My feelings exactly. If that had been OA rather than stat, I would have gone after it, and been willing to pay much more than $1300. AS it stands, though, not much to it...

Just noticed it found a new home, though...it's in a CAF gallery now.

And yeah, I've looked at #20 a couple of times...never came close to buying it, though.

Here are some sketches I had done as well as an Iron Man cover recreation by Layton -- lightboxed off Kirby pencils (I didn't actually commission the Layton piece, he had done it but as soon as I saw it I HAD to have it!)

yay.gif

Dark One:

animalmystic1.jpg

Linsner:

LinsnerDawn.jpg

More Linsner:

LinsnerDawn2.jpg

Layton does Kirby:

kirbyim90recreation.jpg

Re: The Byrne X-Men commission.

My jaw just hit the floor.

893applaud-thumb.gif

I had the same reaction when I picked it up. It's really an amazing piece. Probably worth noting that it is 20" x 30" in size, so it really makes an impact. Check out JB's web site for more of his recent commission work.

Don't you just hate it when the artist keeps their work?!? :-p

Yeah, some of those 100 Bullets covers are sweet. I remember seeing the Eiffel Tower Steranko homage cover (#12?) up for sale, but it was 80% stat.

I really love the three covers in the 30's, with Dizzy (the one on the hood of the car is my favorite). Wonder what those covers would go for if they ever hit the market?

The cover to #20 is still listed as "for sale" on his website...price is $2000. Certainly a reasonable price for a painted cover...unfortunately, the cover in question is painfully average, IMO. Considering that it hasn't sold yet, others must agree.

Saw that awhile back as well. Thought the same as you and Brett. For the price, I'd rather have a Turner Superman/Batman page.

I met Dave a few years back and asked him about buying some covers. He wasn't really interested at the time. I wasn't going to throw crazy $$$ at him though. I'm sure every piece has a price. One thing to note, he mentioned that most of the covers he was doing at that point (this would have been around the mid-40's) were being done digitally.