• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recent Action #1 Sale

357 posts in this topic

Oh, is that what they talk about over there? I can't seem to find it because THE WHOLE PLACE IS FLOODED WITH YOUR PRESSING POSTS.

893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

he does have a bit of a point there, Mark. poke2.gif Now you kids go and punch each other in the shoulders and watch some football.

Oh, is that what they talk about over there? I can't seem to find it because THE WHOLE PLACE IS FLOODED WITH YOUR PRESSING POSTS.

he does have a bit of a point there, Mark. poke2.gif Now you kids go and punch each other in the shoulders and watch some football.

But do you know who this guy will be pizzed at when he tries to sell it down the line?

He may be mad at Mark, but so what? His anger will be misdirected, as it should be towards himself. But America has adopted a culture of never being accountable for one's own actions, which you seem to be surprisingly endorsing. confused-smiley-013.gif

And to whom will Mark be accountable? That's my entire point. makepoint.gif

Go back and read my posts without the hyper-defensive glasses. Mark is always harping on the "network of disclosure" and "ethics of revealing pressing", but has no problem fleecing some sap for $200 large? If I were photoshop savvy I'd send him a "network of fleecing" logo for his website.

And you can't comment on America anymore from over there sumo.gifpoke2.gif

In fact, your comics need to be back stateside - send them to me for holding.

You clearly have had a bad day or something and feel the need to somehow better yourself or life by attacking me. Your comments are insulting and patronizing and merit no response. I'll place my actions against your attitude any day.

But thanks so much for your substantive contributions to this thread.

yeahok.gif

So anyone who doesn't pat you on the back is now insulting and patronizing? Hey, the emperor has no clothes.

If you think I really give a rat's rear for someone to pat me on the back over the sale of a comic book, you really don't know anything about me at all. And the fact that you didn't go "ooooo" or "ahhhhh" over the book or the sale has nothing to do with my comments about your bad attitude and immature conduct. Perhaps the fact that you can't see that explains a lot actually.

What bothered me? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Perhaps it was the comments intimating I was unethical, acting contrary to my stated principles, ripped someone off - little things like that.

Instead of simplying indicating that in your opinion you would not have spent that much money on this particular book and engage in a legitimate substantive debate as to the value of the book, you instead felt the need to go out of your way to imply or indicate I did something wrong, that its my fault and all I am doing is trying to dig my way out of this hole I have created where the buyer will be "pizzed" at me. And the best substantive argument you could muster was that the transaction was "stupid".

Do you read what you write? Your comments are indicative of a General Section dialogue, not one here in the Golden Age community where usually adults like to discuss substance.

I didn't ask what bothered you. I don't care what bothers you. All I'm stating is that you gouged a guy on price. If he's happy, then great. If you're happy, then great. But I'd suggest that you go back and read my posts to see what I was saying. The way you're trying to insult me personally (rather than attacking my argument) shows 1 of 2 things: 1) you don't argue well or 2) you have a high emotional investment. I'd suspect the latter, and that could be maybe that deep down you know you reamed this guy - and you feel guilty for it. But I said I'd stop, so I'll stop. But in conclusion - to reiterate my first post:

1) stupid price

2) My OPINION is that the buyer took it in the tailpipe on this deal

3) the book's not that pretty

flowerred.gif - peace in the middle east.

Oh yes, thats right Buttman, what was I thinking? I forgot I was the one who attacked you personally from the beginning. Didn't you see in my initial post all the references to you? I do hope you accept my sincere apology if I offended you with my statements or actions (pun intended). And geez, I better go tell all my legal clients (such as Arianna Huffington, Mohamed Al Fayed, and various Congressmen) to go find another lawyer b/c me just soo bad at arguing good arguments and will lose much cases.

Actually, is there a good argument to rebut such a fanciful, articulate assertion of "stupid price"? I couldn't even begin to fathom one. You had me beat right there. screwy.gif

I feel guilty? Wow. Now that's a deep philosophical argument to be sure. I'll have to mention that to my shrink. 27_laughing.gif

I'll think I will place a 3,000 word research article against an argument that consists of "that price is stupid" any day.

Is football on now? Just because Buttman is playing armchair quarterback doesn't mean its football season. makepoint.gif

But do you know who this guy will be pizzed at when he tries to sell it down the line?

He may be mad at Mark, but so what? His anger will be misdirected, as it should be towards himself. But America has adopted a culture of never being accountable for one's own actions, which you seem to be surprisingly endorsing. confused-smiley-013.gif

And to whom will Mark be accountable? That's my entire point. makepoint.gif

Go back and read my posts without the hyper-defensive glasses. Mark is always harping on the "network of disclosure" and "ethics of revealing pressing", but has no problem fleecing some sap for $200 large? If I were photoshop savvy I'd send him a "network of fleecing" logo for his website.

And you can't comment on America anymore from over there sumo.gifpoke2.gif

In fact, your comics need to be back stateside - send them to me for holding.

You clearly have had a bad day or something and feel the need to somehow better yourself or life by attacking me. Your comments are insulting and patronizing and merit no response. I'll place my actions against your attitude any day.

But thanks so much for your substantive contributions to this thread.

yeahok.gif

So anyone who doesn't pat you on the back is now insulting and patronizing? Hey, the emperor has no clothes.

If you think I really give a rat's rear for someone to pat me on the back over the sale of a comic book, you really don't know anything about me at all. And the fact that you didn't go "ooooo" or "ahhhhh" over the book or the sale has nothing to do with my comments about your bad attitude and immature conduct. Perhaps the fact that you can't see that explains a lot actually.

What bothered me? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Perhaps it was the comments intimating I was unethical, acting contrary to my stated principles, ripped someone off - little things like that.

Instead of simplying indicating that in your opinion you would not have spent that much money on this particular book and engage in a legitimate substantive debate as to the value of the book, you instead felt the need to go out of your way to imply or indicate I did something wrong, that its my fault and all I am doing is trying to dig my way out of this hole I have created where the buyer will be "pizzed" at me. And the best substantive argument you could muster was that the transaction was "stupid".

Do you read what you write? Your comments are indicative of a General Section dialogue, not one here in the Golden Age community where usually adults like to discuss substance.

I didn't ask what bothered you. I don't care what bothers you. All I'm stating is that you gouged a guy on price. If he's happy, then great. If you're happy, then great. But I'd suggest that you go back and read my posts to see what I was saying. The way you're trying to insult me personally (rather than attacking my argument) shows 1 of 2 things: 1) you don't argue well or 2) you have a high emotional investment. I'd suspect the latter, and that could be maybe that deep down you know you reamed this guy - and you feel guilty for it. But I said I'd stop, so I'll stop. But in conclusion - to reiterate my first post:

1) stupid price

2) My OPINION is that the buyer took it in the tailpipe on this deal

3) the book's not that pretty

flowerred.gif - peace in the middle east.

Oh yes, thats right Buttman, what was I thinking? I forgot I was the one who attacked you personally from the beginning. Didn't you see in my initial post all the references to you? I do hope you accept my sincere apology if I offended you with my statements or actions (pun intended). And geez, I better go tell all my legal clients (such as Arianna Huffington, Mohamed Al Fayed, and various Congressmen) to go find another lawyer b/c me just soo bad at arguing good arguments and will lose much cases.

Actually, is there a good argument to rebut such a fanciful, articulate assertion of "stupid price"? I couldn't even begin to fathom one. You had me beat right there. screwy.gif

I feel guilty? Wow. Now that's a deep philosophical argument to be sure. I'll have to mention that to my shrink. 27_laughing.gif

You have famous clients? How interesting, you've NEVER mentioned that before. I'm sure they're happy to know you're bringing them into a discussion on a comic-book message board.

Can you not read? I stated clearly that I suspected it was your emotional involvement - NOT an inability to argue. Again, please go back and read what I wrote.

Why haven't you addressed the issue of price gouging? You seem to be overly willing to argue other points?

Or on the other hand, you could just make fun of my name. That seems to be working for you.

I'll summarize again so that you get my point:

1) read first, then react (notice that 'read' was FIRST)

2) The argument from intimidation is a confession of intellectual impotence.

3) Go Bucks!

4) Goodnight

I'll think I will place a 3,000 word research article against an argument that consists of "that price is stupid" any day.

Brevity is wit.

"I was going to write you a short letter, but I didn't have time so I wrote a long one."

-Mark Twain

Why don't you read your own posts? You are the one who attacked me personally.

Do I think I price gouged? Ya got me. Your wit was too much. I admit it.

Geez, give me a break. Because you don't think the seller got a good deal, that necessarily means I must have (a) taken advantage of the person; (b) feel guilty about it; © committed various unethical and hypocritical acts. And the basis for your argument, I again turn to, is that the price was "stupid".

It is easy to make fun of your name because it fits so aptly.

You can rail on me as much as you want. I'm sure everyone is as tired as I am of this thread since you ruined what was simply an attempt to admire a beautiful grail book. Congrats. I hope you are proud of your stunning achievement. thumbsup2.gif

I'm not aware of any other unrestored (and particularly nice looking) copy publicly available right now. Not saying that one can't be found, but part of the reason for the purchase was the infrequent availability and unknown likelihood as to when another nice looking copy would surface for sale.

Well since the "other" 6.5 copy just sold for $250K, I would suggest there was at least one more nice unrestored copy on the market recently.

But I'm not trying to get into an argument about whether or not the book was priced too high, there are certainly not a plethora of unrestored Action #1's to choose from at any given time.

Nor was I criticizing your showing the Overstreet as a reference, especially since you gave the more relevant information of sales data you had - Overstreet's being out of line with reality is the topic for another thread.

I'm sure everyone is as tired as I am of this thread since you ruined what was simply an attempt to admire a beautiful grail book. Congrats. I hope you are proud of your stunning achievement. thumbsup2.gif

I had fun reading it. confused-smiley-013.gifpopcorn.gif

I'm not aware of any other unrestored (and particularly nice looking) copy publicly available right now. Not saying that one can't be found, but part of the reason for the purchase was the infrequent availability and unknown likelihood as to when another nice looking copy would surface for sale.

Well since the "other" 6.5 copy just sold for $250K, I would suggest there was at least one more nice unrestored copy on the market recently.

But I'm not trying to get into an argument about whether or not the book was priced too high, there are certainly not a plethora of unrestored Action #1's to choose from at any given time.

Nor was I criticizing your showing the Overstreet as a reference, especially since you gave the more relevant information of sales data you had - Overstreet's being out of line with reality is the topic for another thread.

which other 6.5 and when?

private sale?

Im drawing a blank...if i ever knew that is..

It's been mentioned a couple of times in this thread, but not directly, and I think I mentioned it on my blog. Other than that it hasn't had the play of this (nutty) sale.

I would just say congrats to Mark for pulling off the deal. It's no ones business what someone else is willing to pay. The buyer is the one who is responsible to do his own due dilligence. Zaid did him a favor by giving the guy all of the info. Also the type of person Zaid is I would say he provided him all of the info just to make sure the guy understood exactly what he was getting into so that there would be no repercussions months later.

So congrats!

I would love to know the story on how the deal was formed.

it sounds like Beschara had this guy and asked you to help him find one.