• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recent Action #1 Sale

357 posts in this topic

I think its out there.

Im thinking of renting a bus for a cross country tour and find.Paint the bus with a Huge[search for the ultimate Action #1 LOGO ON IT.Maybe get national exposer

and turn it into a weekly reality show,except unlike the bounty hunter Im bounty hunting for the ultimate comicbook of all time.

This thing has legs ! iLL write a letter to A and E

...and be inundated with 10 million people with Action reprint(s) calling you..

You can see that book on my site www.comicartbuyer.com

I am shocked a 4.0 action 1 sold for almost 200k -crazy IMO.

You have the best OA/comic book collection I've ever seen. hail.gif

It's amazing you have a CGC 7.0 copy of Detective #29 available for trade .... because you already have a 9.6 copy 893whatthe.gif

An interesting story behind my Action 1 is it was the first comic to sell for a $1000. I believe it happened in the mid 70s and even made the news wires. Several dealers have told me they remember when it happened. The '25' written on the cover was what the original owner paid, 25cents, in 1963.

I'm sure there are several undiscovered copies out there, but the chances of them being HG are minimal.

Agreed, but surprises have been known to occur. I would have never thought there were so many books that grade equal or higher than Church copies until CGC came along.

From what I hear there are several Action 1s out there that are in the strong VF range. It is only a matter of time before more hit the census. something in near mint, however, is another ballgame.

You think it would be advantageous to have a raw VF copy graded for insurnace purposes especially when low grade copies are setting new sales records? Might be hard to justify a claim for $400,000+ or even get sufficient coverage without having it independantly graded, no?

I wish more people would stop hiding what they own -just b/c somebody knows that the xyz cover exists doesn't mean it is devalued.

893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gif

Welcome to the boards! I know many people here have enjoyed going through your site, so it's great to have you here. hi.gif