• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recent Action #1 Sale

357 posts in this topic

Anyway, the mindset varies according to ones' bank balance.

And the willingness to put serious money into comics.

Imagine shelling out sizable cash to find out that your purchase was:

1) micro trimmed?

2)Or Pressed?

3)OR a color touch was missed?

Each to their own. I guess it comes down to investing your money and feeling relatively secure that you received what you bought.

I don't know about anyone else, but the latter has become more dubious to me over the past year or so.

1) micro trimmed?

2)Or Pressed?

Each to their own. I guess it comes down to investing your money and feeling relatively secure that you received what you bought.

I don't know about anyone else, but the latter has become more dubious to me over the past year or so.

Definitely right! thumbsup2.gif

1) micro trimmed?

2)Or Pressed?

Definitely right! thumbsup2.gif

Ditto. The reason why I don't generally purchase books from certain dealers/auction houses anymore.

I'm as honest as the day is long, but hell, if I was told it was possible to rook someone out of that much money, I'd be tempted to say anything about a book (especially if it involved undetectable resto).

Of course, then I'd have two reasons why I wouldn't be able to sleep well at night.

I'm as honest as the day is long, but hell, if I was told it was possible to rook someone out of that much money, I'd be tempted to say anything about a book (especially if it involved undetectable resto).

Of course, then I'd have two reasons why I wouldn't be able to sleep well at night.

By the way, thanks for the great Tec 27...wait, is that color touch 893whatthe.gif

1) You may be out a boatload of cash, but I'm not sleeping well. So I'd say we're even.

2) I can't tell you how glad I am you changed your avatar from than colonoscopy. Old news, I know, but I can't say it enough.

1) You may be out a boatload of cash, but I'm not sleeping well. So I'd say we're even.

2) I can't tell you how glad I am you changed your avatar from than colonoscopy. Old news, I know, but I can't say it enough.

sorry.gif

Hi Erick- Actually, the part I find most interesting about the site is the Wacky Pack art, and the stories I've read about how the pieces were aquired. I forget who wrote that long article?

The Action #1 sale- I'm not surprised at the price. To someone who can afford a book like that, the difference between potentially overspending on something vs. the need to HAVE IT NOW is not that significant. I would bet that it is not a long time collector, who would be more apt to wait for a better deal.

Killer is an understatement. That's without question the best collection I've seen from the "big ticket" collectors who post on here. No one else is even close. hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

(Jon Berk wins the best collection title in the "super rare" category, which is my mind is still best overall, since money itself frequently doesn't help find those almost non-existent issues.)

there was no jealousy or negativity in the article. It was basically a recount of how there was little established market for Wacky art before you and the author started to really try to track down all the pieces, in some cases splitting finds of artwork, etc. I never checked out the Wacky community, which I assume has it's own collector boards.

I found it doubly interesting as my firm does a lot of work for Topps, so I was able to get their half of the story on the 'Topps Vault' and what happened to much of the artwork after once the cards were printed. (Basically, it was up for grabs)

After checking out your site (nice design, by the way!) I went off to eBay to see what types of pieces were being auctioned. So, for an afternoon I toyed around with the idea of starting a Wacky collection.