• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Amazon screw up, but some fun info, Absolute Sandman Vol 1

56 posts in this topic

Do they charge your card when it ships or do they charge it immediately?

I think they charge it when the item ships.

They just charged me.

They just charged me.

Do you have an actual charge, or just a CC "hold" that happens during processing?

And I sincerely doubt any of these "deals" will ever ship, especially as they are not available yet. You might get lucky with a current deal that ships before Amazon wakes up, but this "pre-order at an insane price" stuff is just a waste of time.

And yes, I used to try the same stuff, but grew tired of seeing cancelled order after cancelled order.

They just charged me.

Do you have an actual charge, or just a CC "hold" that happens during processing?

And I sincerely doubt any of these "deals" will ever ship, especially as they are not available yet. You might get lucky with a current deal that ships before Amazon wakes up, but this "pre-order at an insane price" stuff is just a waste of time.

And yes, I used to try the same stuff, but grew tired of seeing cancelled order after cancelled order.

Mr. Positivity strikes again thumbsup2.gif

They just charged me.

Confirmed order with Amazon (Order #: xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxx801).

Confirmed actual charge on my Visa card for $18.98 (processed through at 4:47 EDT, according to the charming Visa rep).

I'll let you know on November 8 if it shows up, but they 1) confirmed the order and 2) took my money, so 3) it better get here.

They just charged me.

I don't know how Amazon is, but I ordered a 250 GB hard drive that was mistakenly listed for $39 (I can’t remember who I ordered it from off the top of my head) and all orders at that price were honored. So it's not always a waste of time.

how can they sell a book for less than tey will pay for it?

It's a mistake obviously. They will either honour it and eat the loss or refuse to sell it at that price. Usually big stores will honour these things.

how can they sell a book for less than tey will pay for it?

It's a mistake obviously. They will either honour it and eat the loss or refuse to sell it at that price. Usually big stores will honour these things.

Typically yes. I remember a couple of years ago my father buying 3 computers on FutureShop.com that were priced at $250 each while the real price was $1250... that store did ship those 3 computers for $250 each. When that happens, you can figure that someone, somewhere is in deep trouble...