• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink

153 posts in this topic

I never have, and now I don't think I will.

That type of stuff really ticks me off, it's B.S. Three books, all having matching cracks from an impact. Ya, that happened while grading.

Good luck with the battle.

I look at it like this. You go to a movie and say wow! That was a great movie!

Another guy comes out and says Damn! That sucked!

Thats the way I look at comiclink.

Their service for me so far has been great and I dont think anyone has treated me better.

Until they do anything wrong to me I will stick with them.

Their service for me so far has been great and I dont think anyone has treated me better.

Ok you goto the movies, the movie breaks during the opening credits, they don't give you your money back until they get reimbursed by sony? now what confused-smiley-013.gif

Ok you goto the movies, the movie breaks during the opening credits, they don't give you your money back until they get reimbursed by sony? now what confused-smiley-013.gif

I understand your problem. You have every right to complain. What I dont understand is why someone else would jump on the band wagon unless they have tried them and felt they were screwed by comiclink.

I have no complaints about Pedigree as well.

Seems a more fitting analogy is that you would try to get reimbursed because the popcorn sucks.... 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

Hey I once got 12 free tickets from a theatre chain because the manager threw me out of a theatre for bringing in my own food.

The reason I had to get my own food was because they had no one at the counter.

So I complained to the upper management at the main office.

Wham free tickets!

Email from the friendly staff.

Lawyer is being called in the morning. Hopefully not many of you have to deal with this type of service. Think i will stick to the boards and established dealers.

ComicLink has discontinued your account for several reasons.

1 Two of the scans you provided show extremely minor hairline cracks in the case. You and I both know that these cracks often occur during encapsulation and yet you want to be paid to reholder books that cost approximately $20.

2 We have filed a UPS claim for the all three books as requested and wish you luck on convincing UPS that the almost imperceptible damage on the two holders is insurable.

3 ComicLink is a private website and we have the option of discontinuing service to any client at any time.

Here's what I don't understand....Don't the books come in to Josh first, then he sends them out to the customer? Isn't part of his being the middleman supposed to be checking the items over? If the cracks happened at encapsulation like he is stating, then why didn't he catch them in his middleman process? Or does Comic Link not think cracked cases are a big deal? Just find that interesting.

It's disappointing that Josh would move so quick to ban someone over this. I would think he would be going above and beyond to try and retain your business not eliminate it.

I understand your problem. You have every right to complain. What I dont understand is why someone else would jump on the band wagon unless they have tried them and felt they were screwed by comiclink.

I have no complaints about Pedigree as well.

Well, my experiences with Comic Link have been good too, but it is nice to know how a company will treat you if/when things don't go so smooth.

It's like swimming in the ocean. Some people get bitten in half by a shark, which leaves one observer saying "I'm never going in the ocean again", while someone else says, " I'm not worried about it, I've been in the ocean hundreds of times". Some will go with the odds and some will decide they don't want to risk being bitten in half. Atleast everyone who chooses swimming knows the risk now.

One of my hot buttons is being treated unfairly or talked down to by a seller. That email he received shows a lack of respect and professionalism.

I don't like to gamble with books I purchase over the internet. With this information, at this point, I will not be purchasing from them. If that's what is reffered to as "jumping on the band wagon", so be it. I like to call it being cautious, very similar to reading the negative feedback on an ebay seller; it's a choice I make with every book.

Granted, if the situation gets resolved and both parties come to an understanding and everyone is happy, I'll change my view of their services. There is always two sides to every story, and I'm always open to new info.

Although I have had very good luck with Comiclink on a couple of purchases, I personally think the way the are handling your complaint suks.

Well, my experiences with Comic Link have been good too, but it is nice to know how a company will treat you if/when things don't go so smooth.

thumbsup2.gif

Granted we've only heard Pirate's side of the story, but I'm wondering if money's so tight at CL right now that they can't pony up a mere $33 in reholdering fees to get him to go away. What's been shown here so far reflects very poorly on CL.

Contrast this with Heritage. One of the books they sent me had a crack in the slab. I asked them to refund me the reholdering fee and the cost of shipping, and asked if they wanted to see a scan of the damage. No questions asked, and without asking to see any scans, they immediately refunded the entire shipping charges for my books (which was well over $100, and thus much more than the reholdering fee and cost of shipping I was asking for). And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is how you run customer service.

Although I have had very good luck with Comiclink on a couple of purchases, I personally think the way the are handling your complaint suks.

Ditto to this all the way. I've bought many books from them with no problems. The way they have chosen to handle this is just wrong on so many levels. To go to war over less than $50, ostracize a customer and open themselves up to the ample ridicule and disdain of the already grumpy collector crowd is just bad business. makepoint.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Okay let's break this down...

Pirate purchased 3 books in good faith. He paid his money and paid for shipping with insurance attached in case anything happened to the books.

The books were delivered to him and each book has a crack. Is this his fault? No.

He make a claim to a business which must realize this is part of doing business, and has to be factored into the fees they charge when books sell.

Now he asks to have the situation resolved and they try to make him look foolish for asking what is due to him.

Plain and simple they are people I will not do business with now or in the future. What a complete waste of Pirate's time and really their time. I know Pirate and if they think he will not see this through to the end, they are sadly mistaken. Just look at the damage that has resulted in 'word of mouth' on the CGC boards.

Okay let's break this down...

Pirate purchased 3 books in good faith. He paid his money and paid for shipping with insurance attached in case anything happened to the books.

The books were delivered to him and each book has a crack. Is this his fault? No.

He make a claim to a business which must realize this is part of doing business, and has to be factored into the fees they charge when books sell.

Now he asks to have the situation resolved and they try to make him look foolish for asking what is due to him.

Plain and simple they are people I will not do business with now or in the future. What a complete waste of Pirate's time and really their time. I know Pirate and if they think he will not see this through to the end, they are sadly mistaken. Just look at the damage that has resulted in 'word of mouth' on the CGC boards.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif what are you trying to say? insane.gif

oh and don't forget, they don't like you emailing them to find out if the books have shipped or are enroute to them to be shipped.

I've had no problems with CL, but this is complete [embarrassing lack of self control]. UPS shipping is automatically insured for $100, and I too would be one to force the issue just on the principal alone. Their packaging or UPS handling resulted in your damaged slabs, it's insured, they just need to get off their and file the [embarrassing lack of self control] claim. makepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

sign-rantpost.gifAs far as pedigree is concerned, while I haven't purchased anything from them, I did see a comic I own for sale. I emailed two weeks ago asking for it to be removed (I'm not selling it), and last weekend when it was still there I opened an account and "bought" it. They had the nerve to send me a bill, to which I politely emailed a nice letter about "having" what you are selling. No response as of today, and it's still on their site. 893whatthe.gif

Rant off, stick to your guns, and stick it to them!!