• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink

153 posts in this topic

Well, since I'm judge, jury and executioner (CL stated as such) here's my comments Judge Dredd style: (Anthrax's "I AM THE LAW" now in my head)

1. CL did eventually come through...it would've been better to try to resolve this sooner even if the customer was being irate (customer service is customer service). I understand the board's "mob mentality" at times, and can understand why they don't/won't post here.

2. Anthony needs to calm down...I'm not quite sure why everything is a problem...but that's the vibe I'm getting based on his comments. Anthony--you need to understand that this fit you are having is a double-edge sword...it may paint you into a corner in terms of perception by others.

Well, since I'm judge, jury and executioner (CL stated as such) here's my comments Judge Dredd style: (Anthrax's "I AM THE LAW" now in my head)

1. CL did eventually come through...it would've been better to try to resolve this sooner even if the customer was being irate (customer service is customer service). I understand the board's "mob mentality" at times, and can understand why they don't/won't post here.

2. Anthony needs to calm down...I'm not quite sure why everything is a problem...but that's the vibe I'm getting based on his comments. Anthony--you need to understand that this fit you are having is a double-edge sword...it may paint you into a corner in terms of perception by others.

1)CL did come through. agreed.

2)Anthony needs to calm down. Agreed.

3)At times there is a mob mentality on this board. Agreed.

4)I can understand why Comiclink doesn't post here. ?????? NO. Simply present the facts and let the chips fall where they may. Too may dealers spend their time attempting to discredit customer complaints rather than lay out the issues without emotion and letting the posters decide.

Keith, this thread was dead. You should have just let it lie.

And that reminds me I need to respond to the email that Josh sent me...

-Tim

It was game, set and match.

1. CL did eventually come through...it would've been better to try to resolve this sooner even if the customer was being irate (customer service is customer service).

Anthony: putting the irate in pirate since September 2005. devil.gif

I'm not anyone's "rep" but I can tell from your tone with me you can certainly be a pain to deal with. Here's Josh's email to me. Why in God's name would you bother with an attorney for such a small sum of money especially given the fact that Comiclink said you'd get your $$?

I appreciate your feedback, your post and your concern for us. While he has been extremely abrasive from the start, especially to Tomis, we have been dealing with UPS from the start in order to place the claim, and will refund Anthony Carpenter’s (aka “pirate’s”) money as soon as we receive the books back from him. That is standard procedure when something gets damaged. From the initiation of contact with us Mr. Carpenter has been threatening and abrasive and it was unwarranted from the start. This did not instill us with very must trust towards him. I have been reluctant to come on the CGC boards or have Tomis do so, because I do not feel that we need to explain ourselves to a self appointed judge and jury on CGC’s web site. That simply encourages similar posting behavior and we do not have time to monitor the boards and formulate responses for the community because an unreasonable customer feels unwarrantedly slighted. Those customers like yourself that do business with us on a regular basis (no matter how much money they spend) are happy with us and that is why ComicLink is successful. Our return policy is sound and I think we go above and beyond to satisfy reasonable customers (note the word “reasonable”). The vast majority of customers that we have had over our ten year history have been very satisfied, but the fact of the matter is that the most verbal customers on the CGC boards tend to be the ones that are dissatisfied and also, they tend by and large to be the most unreasonable.

Though you cannot satisfy everyone when dealing with the many thousands of clients we have, our reputation is excellent and our customer base is overwhelmingly loyal. We are also very accessible if anyone wants to call us and ask us questions. We are not beholden to answer questions posted to the CGC boards and as I’ve said many times before, if someone has questions or concerns about anything we can be contacted directly. We are very easy to reach and we are here every weekday. Those on the boards that do not use our service, don’t understand common business practices, or those that have some sort of vendetta are the ones that tend to jump on the verbal bandwagon without much first-hand experience with us. They are not our client base and are not interested in what we have to offer. It is unfortunate if their comments influence even one person that may benefit from ComicLink but have never tried our service before, because they would most likely be satisfied. I have always taken a long-term customer service approach to this business and anyone else that comes aboard here is understands how important that is. I want every single person to be satisfied but have learned that no matter how hard you try someone is going to have a problem. The case here with Anthony Carpenter is an unreasonable purchaser first wanting to cancel winning bids he placed in our auctions, then treating us with threats and extreme disrespect and then asking us to change our policy and trust him with our both books and our refund money. That is just not going to happen going about it the way he did. However, Mr. Carpenter will be refunded when it is safe for us to do so, because every client should get what he pays for, despite how rude or unreasonable he is. The claim was initiated (not because of his complaint on the boards, but because it was the proper thing to do in this case) and UPS will pay for the damage. It just does not happen in 24 hours as was expected by this purchaser in this case – as anyone who ever filed a claim with UPS will attest to, they will pay out warranted claims but not lighting fast. The bottom line is that the client is now making a mountain out of a molehill because he is impatient. It is certainly possible that myself or Tomis did not approach him from a place of trust because his first contact with us was one with a demanding, threatening, and disrespectful tone. If he feels like he was not given the courtesy he feels he deserves, there is a lesson to be learned in all of this. Treat people how you expect to be treated. Whether you are a customer that is “always right,” a dealer, or managing a service-oriented business like ComicLink, those are words to live by.

A few board members like yourself and Timothy Hui, who are good customers and who I respect, are wondering why we don’t come on the CGC boards to discuss this. I hope this email clarifies that. Feel free to forward it to anyone you think needs to see it or even post a copy of it to the boards if you think it would be appreciated. It just might.

CL can say all they want. The auctions were paid for the day they ended and as of right now they still have not taken care of the issue. If i'm disresepctful for asking for my money back on cracked slabs, then i'm guilty and i will continue to be guilty until i have the money back.

I'm not anyone's "rep" but I can tell from your tone with me you can certainly be a pain to deal with. Here's Josh's email to me. Why in God's name would you bother with an attorney for such a small sum of money especially given the fact that Comiclink said you'd get your $$?

I think i have been completely patient and reasonable with everyone I have dealt with on these boards, if not please let me know. Maybe it's a small amount to you, it's not to me.

Treat people how you expect to be treated

Right back at you Josh!

The case here with Anthony Carpenter is an unreasonable purchaser first wanting to cancel winning bids he placed in our auctions, then treating us with threats and extreme disrespect and then asking us to change our policy and trust him with our both books and our refund money.

yep i was trying to double dip, you caught me yeahok.gif

(no matter how much money they spend)

this sums up the whole thing. $1 or $500 i treat no one any differently when selling on this board.

asking us to change our policy

imagine that, asking for a refund. so UPS accepted the claim, is sending comiclink their money without wanting the items, yet they can't trust me with the books? Looks like CL is making out on this deal.

I appreciate everyone's feedback on the boards as i'm positive that's the only reason they have decided to attempt to make good, we will see if they actually come through.. hail.gif

I appreciate your feedback, your post and your concern for us. While he has been extremely abrasive from the start, especially to Tomis, we have been dealing with UPS from the start in order to place the claim, and will refund Anthony Carpenter’s (aka “pirate’s”) money as soon as we receive the books back from him. That is standard procedure when something gets damaged. From the initiation of contact with us Mr. Carpenter has been threatening and abrasive and it was unwarranted from the start. This did not instill us with very must trust towards him. I have been reluctant to come on the CGC boards or have Tomis do so, because I do not feel that we need to explain ourselves to a self appointed judge and jury on CGC’s web site. That simply encourages similar posting behavior and we do not have time to monitor the boards and formulate responses for the community because an unreasonable customer feels unwarrantedly slighted. Those customers like yourself that do business with us on a regular basis (no matter how much money they spend) are happy with us and that is why ComicLink is successful. Our return policy is sound and I think we go above and beyond to satisfy reasonable customers (note the word “reasonable”). The vast majority of customers that we have had over our ten year history have been very satisfied, but the fact of the matter is that the most verbal customers on the CGC boards tend to be the ones that are dissatisfied and also, they tend by and large to be the most unreasonable.

Though you cannot satisfy everyone when dealing with the many thousands of clients we have, our reputation is excellent and our customer base is overwhelmingly loyal. We are also very accessible if anyone wants to call us and ask us questions. We are not beholden to answer questions posted to the CGC boards and as I’ve said many times before, if someone has questions or concerns about anything we can be contacted directly. We are very easy to reach and we are here every weekday. Those on the boards that do not use our service, don’t understand common business practices, or those that have some sort of vendetta are the ones that tend to jump on the verbal bandwagon without much first-hand experience with us. They are not our client base and are not interested in what we have to offer. It is unfortunate if their comments influence even one person that may benefit from ComicLink but have never tried our service before, because they would most likely be satisfied. I have always taken a long-term customer service approach to this business and anyone else that comes aboard here is understands how important that is. I want every single person to be satisfied but have learned that no matter how hard you try someone is going to have a problem. The case here with Anthony Carpenter is an unreasonable purchaser first wanting to cancel winning bids he placed in our auctions, then treating us with threats and extreme disrespect and then asking us to change our policy and trust him with our both books and our refund money. That is just not going to happen going about it the way he did. However, Mr. Carpenter will be refunded when it is safe for us to do so, because every client should get what he pays for, despite how rude or unreasonable he is. The claim was initiated (not because of his complaint on the boards, but because it was the proper thing to do in this case) and UPS will pay for the damage. It just does not happen in 24 hours as was expected by this purchaser in this case – as anyone who ever filed a claim with UPS will attest to, they will pay out warranted claims but not lighting fast. The bottom line is that the client is now making a mountain out of a molehill because he is impatient. It is certainly possible that myself or Tomis did not approach him from a place of trust because his first contact with us was one with a demanding, threatening, and disrespectful tone. If he feels like he was not given the courtesy he feels he deserves, there is a lesson to be learned in all of this. Treat people how you expect to be treated. Whether you are a customer that is “always right,” a dealer, or managing a service-oriented business like ComicLink, those are words to live by.

A few board members like yourself and Timothy Hui, who are good customers and who I respect, are wondering why we don’t come on the CGC boards to discuss this. I hope this email clarifies that. Feel free to forward it to anyone you think needs to see it or even post a copy of it to the boards if you think it would be appreciated. It just might.

CL can say all they want. The auctions were paid for the day they ended and as of right now they still have not taken care of the issue. If i'm disresepctful for asking for my money back on cracked slabs, then i'm guilty and i will continue to be guilty until i have the money back.

I think i have been completely patient and reasonable with everyone I have dealt with on these boards, if not please let me know. Maybe it's a small amount to you, it's not to me.

Right back at you Josh!

The case here with Anthony Carpenter is an unreasonable purchaser first wanting to cancel winning bids he placed in our auctions, then treating us with threats and extreme disrespect and then asking us to change our policy and trust him with our both books and our refund money.

this sums up the whole thing. $1 or $500 i treat no one any differently when selling on this board.

imagine that, asking for a refund. so UPS accepted the claim, is sending comiclink their money without wanting the items, yet they can't trust me with the books? Looks like CL is making out on this deal.

I appreciate everyone's feedback on the boards as i'm positive that's the only reason they have decided to attempt to make good, we will see if they actually come through.. hail.gif

dude, you just Josh look good..a job not easily done, but congrats you ARE the bigger knob head!

Right back at you Josh!

dude, you just Josh look good..a job not easily done, but congrats you ARE the bigger knob head!

whatever