• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone going to the June 11 SacCon?

19 posts in this topic

I think I'll go and visit. I plan on getting a table at the September gig.

Jimm94 and I have set up at the last 4 or so of these Cons. Unfortunately, I won't be able to set up in June, but plan on doing so in September. We did really well last time.

I bailed at the last minute. How was the turn out?

It seemed busier than usual, but it looked like mostly anime cosplay type kids. Most of them were running through the aisles screaming and yelling, doing normal kid stuff. It was kind of annoying, but at least they added to the overall turnout. I wonder how some of the dealers did? I don't think the amount of bodies really converted into sales, but who knows? Anyone sell or buy anything of interest.

-Chris

Strangely, I had the impression that turn-out was lower than usual. There were fewer comic dealers than at past cons. One glaring absence was A-1 Comics and their drool-worth board of books. Decent Golden age was particularly hard to find. Chris's statement about the cosplay kids is spot on. Most of the people there were there for the anime and costumes. They were loud and they did get annoying at times.

My best purchases were three Jungle Comics from Scott (dealer of the Don Rosa collection) and a pair of nice Brave and Bolds -- 73 and 62. Sadly, I didn't see a single Jumbo or Fight Comic. No Smash and only a few other semi-interesting GGA books. I did look at a nice Planet in the 60s that I may purchase at an upcoming convention.

So does anyone know when/where the next comic event is in Northern California. Hopefully I don't have to wait until the Sac show in September.

seank - you should post cover scans of the b&b pair you got.

-Chris

Otherwise, Sept. Sac-Con is probably it. There used to be a very small show in Hayward every June but I think with Super-Con only a few weeks before, Steve Wyatt has tabled it.

Thanks to everyone for the comments about the show yesterday. I am nervous about doing June shows there but am considering September.

Marc

Otherwise, Sept. Sac-Con is probably it. There used to be a very small show in Hayward every June but I think with Super-Con only a few weeks before, Steve Wyatt has tabled it.

Thanks to everyone for the comments about the show yesterday. I am nervous about doing June shows there but am considering September.

Marc

I didn't do the June show.. and Jeffreykli/Jimm94 didn't either.

The customer base there is basically the same actually. You see the same people at every show usually.

A good site to check for comic book conventions is coincidentally named... http://www.comicbookconventions.com

http://www.comicbookconventions.com/conventions.htm

Next one in the Sacramento area is anime based.. July 15.. probably minimal comic book setups there... so it might actually be a good idea for a comic book dealer to book it. That's the weekend right before San Diego though.

So does anyone know when/where the next comic event is in Northern California. Hopefully I don't have to wait until the Sac show in September.

seank - you should post cover scans of the b&b pair you got.

-Chris

I'll scan and post the B&Bs this evening.

As far as comic events in NoCal, Dale from Richmond is having one of his garage sales in a month or two, plus Steve Wyatt is doing bigger conventions in Oakland. He said the next one is in Oakland. We may want to carpool down to either one. Feel free to PM me.

As far as a House of Comics open house or Berkeley dinner goes, I'll make the trip down. Keep me in the loop.

If you guys do come down for Dale's garage sale, contact me ahead of time. I'd be happy to get together with you guys plus if there are any books you are interested in from the site, I can show them to you. Ie, I don't have to have an event planned if you guys are in the area anyway. Dale's place is like 10 minutes away.

As far as I know, the Steve Wyatt shows are now Super-Con in Oakland (May the last two years, June next year) and what has been called Super-Con in the past, the October Hayward show. Do you know anything different?

Marc