• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman Returns 3rd trailer link

30 posts in this topic

They've moved the release date up two days to the 28th.

Is this new release date official or just another rumour? I find this surprising since all of the hype and trailers seems to focus on the June 30th opening date.

If so, I guess we won't be able to find out if it could have beaten X-3's opening 3-day box office sales of $107 million dollars. Too bad since it would have been a nice contest, or could it possibly hint that WB didn't think it would. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is this new release date official or just another rumour?

It's official. The movie guy in our newsroom got the call from Warner Brothers yesterday. I think they want to make sure they get as many headlines as X3 did and shoot for five-day records.

Or, they could have feared that, if they didn't get the same X3 box office numbers some movie fans would have stayed away thinking it wasn't any good.

By opening on the 28th, they essentially get a 7 day weekend, as July 4th is the following Tuesday.

Comics2Film is now saying there will also be 10pm shows on the 27th.

Rather than being "afraid" of not beating X3, it's more likely WB wants to take advantage of the pro-Superhero hype that may have been generated by X3 (not to mention the growing positive buzz on Superman). One can't compare weekends in May and June anyway, especially not with one being a 4-day holiday weekend.

Why are they remaking the original. 70 years of history and they can't come up with one new storyline?

Not sure what you mean. This isn't a remake. it picks up 5 years after the events of Superman 2.

From the trailers I had seen it looked like they were just rehasing the original. If they are doing a new story line then great but lets see some action with real super villains not just Lexx Luthor.

Why are they remaking the original. 70 years of history and they can't come up with one new storyline?

Not sure what you mean. This isn't a remake. it picks up 5 years after the events of Superman 2.

From the trailers I had seen it looked like they were just rehasing the original. If they are doing a new story line then great but lets see some action with real super villains not just Lexx Luthor.

I think Lex is all you're going to get. But I believe the story is more about Supes returning from a 5 year absence to a world that might not need him, or even want him, anymore. This movie is supposed to have more of an emotional component than your average superhero flick.

I can't wait. The more I see, the more I like. I can practically taste the popcorn, already...