• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your high grade Fantastic Fours

399 posts in this topic

Ben,

I'm going to email the 55 to Jimbo so he can post it (I'm going to be able to post scans myself after kidnapping my wife and bringing her into my office to show me how to do it. She's afraid to come in here as its a comic book mess!!).

Doug

Tim,

Was that your book?? I got the FF 6 from Josh in a major trade that netted him my old DD 1 9.6. I didn't know its origin or anything.

My pleasure posting these books, Tim. FF is by far my favorite title of all time and this is a lot of fun. I will get plentymore scans to James or post them myself if I can get Lisa to help me (she's pregnant and always tired, etc,., and hates coming into my super-hero dominated office).

James gets all the credit for starting this thread after he posted the FF 1. I'm just hoping more high grade FF guys out there will chime in.

Doug

Henry,

The FF 55 will be up by later tonite. i'm emailing it right now to Jimbo and he's going to post it plus a bunch of others I scanned for him sometime tonite.

I'm actually going to the Heat/Pistons game with SFilosa tonite and will be back late but will check the thread for new scans. I'm determined to get as many high grade FF's up there as possible!!

Thanks to everybody for contributing to this thread. This is what it's all about for me!

Doug

I've got a few beautiful books, but I wouldn't want to sully this thread with anything less than a 9.4. Beautiful books. Looking forward to seeing the continuation of this thread....

Tim,

Was that your book?? I got the FF 6 from Josh in a major trade that netted him my old DD 1 9.6. I didn't know its origin or anything.

Yup, owned it many moons ago and sold it too cheap to Josh on eBay. It was a beautiful book, and one of the first slabs I ever purchased. I used to pull it out every now and then and just marvel at how good it looked (pun intended).

While we await the hundred or so top census books in Doug's possession (893whatthe.gifheadbang.gif), here are the last of mine. Among an extraordinary run of Lee/Kirby stories and characters, this book stands out:

FF51.jpg

And just in time for triggering memories of summer, when annuals were king:

FFAnn6.jpg

Bob,

Enough is enough!! How about my FF 33 9.8 (white), Mass 36 9.6 (white) and my 9.6 51 (oww) for your 3 PC copies?? You're making out like a bandit here but I would like to reunite these PC's with my copies.

Give it some thought, Bob. Thanks.

Out of curiosity, what did roter grade the 3?? He was alwys an overgrader but I thought he was pretty consistent on these Pac Coasts (or original owner books as they were called prior to the pedigree designation).

Thanks, Bob.

Doug

Tim,

Thank you. I've had it for about 4 years and it was worth the trade as I did wind up getting the DD 1 9.6 back from my upgrade 3 months ago. That is such a tough book to find in high grade (Tom B has the only 9.4).

I'm going to get that book up here soon enough. I have James working feverishly tonight with about 11 new scans to post!!

Doug

FF 51...That one is a beaut' and possibly one of the hardest to find in high grade for that era IMHO. Last year, after years of searching I finally found a 9.2.... pales in comparison to that one.

hail.gif

Thanks for posting.

Bob,

Enough is enough!! How about my FF 33 9.8 (white), Mass 36 9.6 (white) and my 9.6 51 (oww) for your 3 PC copies?? You're making out like a bandit here but I would like to reunite these PC's with my copies.

Out of curiosity, what did roter grade the 3?? He was alwys an overgrader but I thought he was pretty consistent on these Pac Coasts (or original owner books as they were called prior to the pedigree designation).

Thanks, Bob.

Doug

Not ready to part with my beloved PC books yet, but you'll be the first person I contact when I am, Doug. thumbsup2.gif

Roter graded the FF33 and FF36 as NM/M (90) with near white pages (his designation 3.0). The 51 was NM++ (88, 3.3) and the 55 was NM/M (90, 3.0). All cgc 9.6 - I never was one of the fortunate ones to get a 9.8 on any of my dozen PC submissions, but the books are essentially unimprovable.

FF 51...That one is a beaut' and possibly one of the hardest to find in high grade for that era IMHO. Last year, after years of searching I finally found a 9.2.... pales in comparison to that one.

hail.gif

Thanks for posting.

I have a 9.0 that I'm perfectly happy with. cloud9.gif

Bob,

Thanks, Bob.

Doug

Not ready to part with my beloved PC books yet, but you'll be the first person I contact when I am, Doug. thumbsup2.gif

Roter graded the FF33 and FF36 as NM/M (90) with near white pages (his designation 3.0). The 51 was NM++ (88, 3.3) and the 55 was NM/M (90, 3.0). All cgc 9.6 - I never was one of the fortunate ones to get a 9.8 on any of my dozen PC submissions, but the books are essentially unimprovable.

Bob take the FF# 33 CGC 9.8. I love the Pac Coast books but a nice early 9.8 FF is just cloud9.gif, especially with that cover.

hail.gif

Thanks for posting.

I have a 9.0 that I'm perfectly happy with. cloud9.gif

I'm happy with my 9.2 as well. I must say again, that 9.6 is SWEET.

popcorn.gif

I'm having some trouble posting the awesome scans that Doug just emailed me.I'm going to try one more thing and if it doesn't work,I'll have to try again tommorrow,as I have to work.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

http:

This is just not working for me.I can't get it to save to my pictures so I can upload it to photobucket.I've only done it from an email once.I wonder if it's because all the scans were sent in a single email?Actually two emails.This is frustrating,the scans are so AWESOME.I may have to email it to someone with more expertise and more computer than me.I am so sorry.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

p.s. any suggestions?