• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your high grade Fantastic Fours

399 posts in this topic

One more shot.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

FF-18-98.jpg

I never really got to say thanks for this one Doug.When I began shamelessly pestering you for scans,I was only hoping for an outside shot at seeing this one.It would take admantium cajones to resub from 9.6,but I see what you mean about this one being without flaw.Thanks again,and I never dreamed we'd see so many awesome books.GOD BLESS...

Jimbo,

I got this book from Tom B (it as a 9.6 then) in one of our crazy trades. I wanted the book so bad (I had most of the PC FF's and HAD to get this one) that I gave up an Avengers 1 in 9.6 (I had the PC copy) to get his FF 18, FF 9 (9.6) and an X-Men 31 (9.8). The deal financially favored him by a lot but I didn't care as I was so damn thrilled to get the FF 9 9.6 and more importantly, the FF 18 9.6, that I still think it was worth it (getting the 18 into a 9.8 really helped!!). Just one more of my many crazy trades to get some PC books! I'd do it again in a heartbeat, Jimbo!!

Btw, i'm emailing you 8 more scans if you want to list tonite. Take your time. These are pretty killer so enjoy.

Doug

Jimbo,

I got this book from Tom B (it as a 9.6 then) in one of our crazy trades. I wanted the book so bad (I had most of the PC FF's and HAD to get this one) that I gave up an Avengers 1 in 9.6 (I had the PC copy) to get his FF 18, FF 9 (9.6) and an X-Men 31 (9.8). The deal financially favored him by a lot but I didn't care as I was so damn thrilled to get the FF 9 9.6 and more importantly, the FF 18 9.6, that I still think it was worth it (getting the 18 into a 9.8 really helped!!). Just one more of my many crazy trades to get some PC books! I'd do it again in a heartbeat, Jimbo!!

Btw, i'm emailing you 8 more scans if you want to list tonite. Take your time. These are pretty killer so enjoy.

Doug

The QP on this one is also FLAWLESS...even if another 9.8 were to surface,it's highly doubtful that it would have the centering of this one.This truly must be the BEST in existence.GOD BLESS...

Mucho thanks to Doug and Jim for scanning, hosting and posting the incredible books showing up in this thread! acclaim.gif

Encore!!

Imagine seeing this on the stands back in ' 64.Who coulda passed it up?GOD BLESS...

FF-33-98.jpg

This has got to be Jack's first attempt at a representational graphic of quantum mechanics.How many Scientists and Thinkers did Stan and Jack inspire during their stint at the helm of the "WORLD'S GREATEST COMIC MAGAZINE"?GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)

FF-23-96.jpg

Thanks for sharing these Doug.These Pacific Coasts really are exceptional.I remember reading that the owner hand picked the best copies and it seems he had an eye for a well centered specimen cloud9.gif

Moving right along,this next baby may not be the most highly coveted of the run,but it's always been one of MY favorites.I'd bet Stan and Jack definitely had some "young uns"of there own when they thought up this classic.GOD BLESS...

FF-24-96.jpg

Thanks for sharing these Doug.These Pacific Coasts really are exceptional.I remember reading that the owner hand picked the best copies and it seems he had an eye for a well centered specimen cloud9.gif

Yes, one of the things that really makes the PCs stand out is how uniformly good the QP is. I've often thought that when the OO was at the newsstand, he was probably willing to sacrifice some minor structural flaws for the sake of getting a better centered book. Fortunately in most cases he was able to get the best of both worlds.

Here's one more from the early days.Imagine reading this one while watching Creature Feature on Saturday night(or from the looks of this copy,NOT reading it.).

GOD BLESS...

FF-30-98.jpg

This one was full of pathos and tragedy.In the Marvel universe,sometimes the good guys lost,but oh what a copy.GOD BLESS...

FF-32-98.jpg

Ack, stop posting these, please! They make mine look like pulped rags in comparison.

You're not alone there,brother.Only problem is,if I stop TOO abruptly,my mind may not be able to handle it.Here's another,one of my top 10 FF'S OF ALL TIME.The FF were growing up but not growing apart,with college and nuptials on the horizon.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)

FF-39-96.jpg

Hey Doug,how's about I cut your yard and keep your house painted for the REST OF MY LIFE in exchange for this one?

If this one doesn't deserve "classic" status,what would?This book RARELY changes hands above the 9.0 range.And with a cover like this it's easy to see why.GOD BLESS...

FF-35-98.jpg

Here's the last one I've got.You know,Doug deserves a real tip of the hat for amassing this awesome run.These are NOT the type of books that one just picks up the phone and orders on a whim.Most of this stuff never even REALLY comes to market.It takes years of networking and "beating the bushes"to even get a shot at books of this calibre.Thanks again for sharing them,Doug.GOD BLESS...

FF-41-98.jpg

And last but not least,a massive KUDOS to CGC for providing the top notch professionalism that was needed to take this hobby into the "big league".The grading on these beauties is spot on.GOD BLESS...