• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What GA set are you trying to complete?

49 posts in this topic

I know several members are working on sets or full runs, so I thought it would be nice to list them all in one thread.

I have recently started collecting what will eventually be a complete set of Joker-cover Detectives in 5.0-7.0 condition. I am 11% complete with a target completion date of 2010.

I would also like to buy one pre-hero and one pre-Robin Detective during that time. Ideally those would be #2 and #31, but more likely it will be #13 and #37... and probably in GD.

The problem is that I've got two other sets I really want that might interfere with that plan. crazy.gif

[*] Solomon Grundy appearances (4)

[*] Red Skull covers (6)

Little Lulu FC #74 - FC 165 1 - 138 (23 issues left, earliest one is #62)

Our Gang 1 - 56 (About half way complete)

Fairy Tale Parade 1 - 9 (3 issues left)

Animal Comics 1 - 29 (About a third complete)

Lulu_4C_Set.JPG

I'm trying for an Action Comics run of 13 to 23. So far I have 5 issues in the run. I chose this run because #13 is my favorite Shuster cover and finish it at #23 which is the first Luther appearance. I only need 6 books to complete the run, though with limited funds I expect it to take several more years to finish.

Seven Seas 1-6 (whole run) -- halfway there. (Need 1,4, and 5 if anyone has copies to spare!)

Jumbo 69-130 -- the Sky Girl issues. I have about 25, slowly accumulating the other 40 or so.

Batman 1 up -- hopefully before I die.

Once I get the Jumbos, I'll probably work on the rest of the Jumbo run and a Fight Comics run. I purchase Fights here and there along with Jumbos.

I've made my collecting pursuits pretty public here, but in case anyone missed it:

My Lev Gleason Collection Site

I'm approaching 50% on Boy Comics right now and Crime Does Not Pay is close behind. Focusing on these two right now with the occassional Daredevil, etc. Eventually, I'm going to reach a point where I'm mostly chasing big $$$ books, but for the time being I'm enjoying puttig together a focused, completist, and relatively low-cost collection of books I actually enjoy reading.

Northwest Mounties (1 to go)

Cow Puncher ( a few to go)

Ghost Rider (a few to go)

Supersnipe (1 to go)

Army Navy (1 to go)

Jo Jo (many still to pick up)

Zoot (many still to pick up)

Jumbo (key covers and issues)

Jungle (key covers and issues)

There are a lot more, but that's it for now.

I've recently decided to go for Action 30-50. I only have 31, 40, 43, 45, & 50, so the run, and my limited budget, should keep me busy for a while.

Any reason why you are going for a 21 book run? I thought you had many Actions from 51-70?

West

I know several members are working on sets or full runs, so I thought it would be nice to list them all in one thread.

I have recently started collecting what will eventually be a complete set of Joker-cover Detectives in 5.0-7.0 condition. I am 11% complete with a target completion date of 2010.

I would also like to buy one pre-hero and one pre-Robin Detective during that time. Ideally those would be #2 and #31, but more likely it will be #13 and #37... and probably in GD.

The problem is that I've got two other sets I really want that might interfere with that plan. crazy.gif

[*] Solomon Grundy appearances (4)

[*] Red Skull covers (6)

I was working on the Joker covers from the GA. My interest went way down after seeing the Batman 11 on Heritage I almost bid on come reappear a half grade higher with a newly trimmed cover in a blue slab. I did make one more big purchase, Tec 71, and a few smaller ones and then sold them to buy art as I didn't feel like spending thousands for books that might be chopped up. Tec 40 is probably the biggest pain in the [embarrassing lack of self control] to get.