• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

Not much quantity in terms of acquisitions this year, but Keith was an incredibly generous pal and passed me a book he'd gotten at cost--I'd missed it by an hour or so at Dale's booth. Something I'd been looking for in nice shape for as long as I've been collecting. Thanks so much, Keith buddy!

off45.jpg

Hi Folks,

Not much quantity in terms of acquisitions this year, but Keith was an incredibly generous pal and passed me a book he'd gotten at cost--I'd missed it by an hour or so at Dale's booth. Something I'd been looking for in nice shape for as long as I've been collecting. Thanks so much, Keith buddy!

off45.jpg

(worship) (worship) (worship) (thumbs u :cloud9:

Despite the bizarre perspective ( that window should be farther away), a very cool cover. Unfortunately that G.I. is dead in the next second.

Keith's the way cool dude that passed the OFF 45 over to me. I'm super grateful to Keith who's always been incredibly easy to deal with.

And I doubt that the GI will be dead in the next second. More likely for the bullets to become embedded in the green tile and roofing rubble (resulting from the percussive discharge of the Nazi's weapon that will come crashing down just in time to safe his life). :idea:

Okay guys, question. I have a local artist who has done a number of comic recreations for me. I'll post some pictures of them perhaps tomorrow. He's going to be doing two more covers for me and I'm not sure which ones to get him to draw. Can I get a short list of suggestions from everyone? I'm thinking specifically DC war, as that's my niche.

Ones he's done already:

AAMOW 94

GIC 87

Sgt. Fury 1

Foxhole 1

I think he did GIC 97 for me as well.

Please help with suggestions. (worship)

Andy

Okay guys, question. I have a local artist who has done a number of comic recreations for me. I'll post some pictures of them perhaps tomorrow. He's going to be doing two more covers for me and I'm not sure which ones to get him to draw. Can I get a short list of suggestions from everyone? I'm thinking specifically DC war, as that's my niche.

Ones he's done already:

AAMOW 94

GIC 87

Sgt. Fury 1

Foxhole 1

Andy

OFF 71

GIC 78

Ones he's done already:

AAMOW 94

GIC 87

Sgt. Fury 1

Foxhole 1

Andy

OFF 71

GIC 78

You didn't move to Dover, NJ, did you, Andy? If you did, then I want a shot at the GIC 78 from your local artist.

Ones he's done already:

AAMOW 94

GIC 87

Sgt. Fury 1

Foxhole 1

Andy

OFF 71

GIC 78

GIC 78 Would be Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :cloud9:

(as would OFF 71 :cloud9: )

Color or B&W?

He offered to do them coloured. I may end up keeping the originals B&W and letting him colour a copy.

Thanks for the feedback so far, folks. (thumbs u

Andy