• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

A few quick NYCC DC War musings...

1) Didn't see much for sale in high grade ten centers. Dale bought a handful of pretty books from Ted (Superworld), including two very high grade copies of G.I. Combat 91. I wish I collected the 12 centers.

2) Was fortunate enough to get to thumb through a few of Adamstrange's beautiful Salidas. Incredible books up close and in person.

3) Heritage is going all out in promoting Keith Marlow's books in the upcoming auction. The brochure they were handing out was first-rate and very impressive.

4) I sold a couple of mid-grade Quality G.I. Combats and an early AAMOW, but really didn't have many requests for war books in general.

1) Didn't see much for sale in high grade ten centers. Dale bought a handful of pretty books from Ted (Superworld), including two very high grade copies of G.I. Combat 91. I wish I collected the 12 centers.

2) Was fortunate enough to get to thumb through a few of Adamstrange's beautiful Salidas. Incredible books up close and in person.

3) Heritage is going all out in promoting Keith Marlow's books in the upcoming auction. The brochure they were handing out was first-rate and very impressive.

4) I sold a couple of mid-grade Quality G.I. Combats and an early AAMOW, but really didn't have many requests for war books in general.

I was wondering what the feel has been lately, thanks for posting this. (thumbs u

1) Man, I wish Ted contacted me. :frustrated: The boy's got my number.....

2) Lucky guy! (worship)

3) I'd love to have one for a keepsake. :wishluck:

4) It's a niche market collected by a small number. If that number ever got a significant boost one day, these great books will look like a steal, even at today's numbers.

Andy 2c

Some really nice books have come my way lately...

This was an ebay steal for something like 20 bucks...

ssws36.jpg

And this was a recent pickup from our own Andy Greenham... way too nice to be kept in a slab!

aamow86.jpg

Got a load more to scan, but I've been super lazy of late!

B

I was wondering what the feel has been lately, thanks for posting this. (thumbs u

Andy 2c

[font:Comic Sans MS]

High Grade GIC 91???

He's got my number too and I was just at his shop a couple weeks ago!!

WHY I OUGHTTA![/font]

Some really nice books have come my way lately...

This was an ebay steal for something like 20 bucks...

ssws36.jpg

And this was a recent pickup from our own Andy Greenham... way too nice to be kept in a slab!

aamow86.jpg

Got a load more to scan, but I've been super lazy of late!

B

Great pickups. (thumbs u Keep em rolling.

Andy 2c

[font:Comic Sans MS]

High Grade GIC 91???

He's got my number too and I was just at his shop a couple weeks ago!!

WHY I OUGHTTA![/font]

He doesn't have my number lol but it's still depressing knowing he had those.