• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Those are sick, sick books Bedrock. :o(worship)

Thanks so much. I just wish I had more money. The Marlow books went fairly cheap for the most part. But they all came out at the same time, mixed with all of that awesome golden age stuff. Between the Cap 5 and these I hit my limit.

The greytones are awesome but these early issues are also so tough to find in this condition! :applause:

ssws3.jpg

Hi everyone!

Running another war comics sale tomorrow night. Most likely some early GI Combats (#45-#86) and some Atlas war books. Maybe even some EC war titles. Depends on how crazy today and tomorrow are.

I'm thinking around 8:30 EST Sunday night. See you all there!

Shep

Hey everyone,

Ever since I saw the cover recreations that Andy had commissioned a while back, I've been planning to do one myself. So I did!

I started by choosing one of my favorite covers, Our Army at War #71, then I got my old drawing board and paints out...

IMG_0638.jpg

Then, I pencilled the general outline of the cover....

IMG_0637.jpg

Then, I took a couple of weeks painting it with acrylic paints, and india ink...

IMG_0851.jpg

And here's a closeup of the finished product. I'd love to know what everyone thinks - this was funner than hell!

IMG_0850.jpg