• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Relatively speaking, most 10¢ war books or DC 10¢ers from any genre are tough in grade. . .just how tough? This issue and . . .

now that would be telling, wouldn't it?

Is this an excuse for me to post my OFF 48 again? :grin:

:shy:

Relatively speaking, most 10¢ war books or DC 10¢ers from any genre are tough in grade. . .just how tough? This issue and . . .

now that would be telling, wouldn't it?

Is this an excuse for me to post my OFF 48 again? :grin:

Go for it! (thumbs u

I never get tired of seeing those awesome books Jeff. :cloud9:

Great books Mick and I love your OFF issues which I think is the under rated

run of the BIG 5. I'm sure I've posted these before and these are some of my

favorite OFF books.

Picture1169.jpg

Picture1357.jpg

OFF3965.jpg

OFF40.jpg

OFF6585-1.jpg

Picture1544.jpg

OFF2060.jpg

I know this last one belongs in the GA section and it's my newest addition

and I had to show it off to my SA war buddies. It's a CGC 6.5 with White pages.

Contact4CGC65.jpg

Edited by Fazybones

I never get tired of seeing those awesome books Jeff. :cloud9:

Great books Mick and I love your OFF issues which I think is the under rated

run of the BIG 5. I'm sure I've posted these before and these are some of my

favorite OFF books.

Picture1169.jpg

Picture1357.jpg

OFF3965.jpg

OFF40.jpg

OFF6585-1.jpg

Picture1544.jpg

OFF2060.jpg

Fay,

You are right about OFF being underrated. It's actually my third favorite run after OAAW and GIC, but the books and semi-keys are relatively cheap in comparison to the other two runs. The OFFs just seem to be scarcer in general, too. Don't know why that is, but I have considerably more holes in OFF than from GIC or OAAW from corresponding months/years and I've been looking for all of them for just as long.

(shrug)

Couple more 10¢ OFFs that I finally got around to scanning.

I couldn't get rid of the reflection anomaly from the #59 no matter how I positioned it. I've noticed that some CGC containers are ever so slightly warped in a concave or convex way and the reflection is probably a function of that.

off59.jpg

off64.jpg

It wasn't me, and I haven't checked out the book(s) in question. Chances are they are two different copies, but it's certainly possible it's the same one. Did you save the scan of the 9.2?

I love OFFs from the 20s to 47 but after that (other than 72), I lose interest until the Losers show up. Just never developed much of an affinity for Gunner and Sarge.

Fixed that for you!

Yeah, but 51 is so dreamy :cloud9:

Figured this might be a good place to post this. I picked this up a year or so ago. (All American Men of War 70) I know almost nothing about the War Genre and have no idea what a fair price would be for this book. Looking at the census, the highest grade copy of this book to this point is 8.0. According to GPA an 8.0 sold for 350+ over 2-years ago. I'm fairly certain, this copy will top that. You guys definitely have your finger on the pulse of the market when it comes to War books than I do. Any thoughts or advice?

P1340515.jpg

It wasn't me, and I haven't checked out the book(s) in question. Chances are they are two different copies, but it's certainly possible it's the same one. Did you save the scan of the 9.2?

No im afraid i didnt but little tell tale signs like the top and bottom left hand corners tell me its mine. This is what i find fustrating about CGC sometimes. I sent this away thinking it would come back a 9.4 but it received a 9.2. Someone wins it and does a resubmit(it doesnt look like its been pressed) and it comes back 9.4 and is going to make a few thousand dollars more. Anyway nothing i can do about it now just feel a bit aggrieved.