• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Very cool -- I don't think we have seen too many of these in the thread. :applause:

4_zps265585d5.jpg

We are now down to our top 15 Joe Kubert covers, in my Survivor Series. Please join in and vote for your least favorite 8 covers, and provide a little commentary on how you think things are going. (thumbs u

It's very difficult, especially at this point, but this is the excercise. Get to it. :shy:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6452589#Post6452589

Thanks!!

Andy

Some 1959 Atlas war comic goodness! :cloud9:

0facd891fd485fd9c36ce6295347a3e6_zps3809bcf1.jpg

0c18bac4714e2c30f9cc35f55623e821_zps545e16b1.jpg

Those Battle covers are so cool!

(thumbs u

And so gritty they make DC's war offerings from the fifties and sixties seem sanitized in comparison.

:preach:

Just a heads up. I have collected war comics since I was a kid. I'm 57 now.

There are a bunch of DC ten cent war comics of mine in this Sunday's Heritage Comics auction. Great stuff and they made large lots with them. Seems they are still ten cents on the dollar.

I'd rather have a war comics collector get them if possible. Thanks.

Jack

My only pickup in this weeks CLink auction. This book has been on my wantlist for a long time in high grade and I finally got one.

RAD1C247201337_131433.jpg

Soooper nice copy! Love that book for the x-over appearance--1st ever Sgt. Rock x-over as I recall.