• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

OAAW #27

A frogman in very shallow water has just been stepped on by a marching Jap soldier- yellow cover, a pretty unique cover especially for OAAW.

someday i will learn how to post photo's

I'll teach you on Monday. It's easy. (thumbs u

...and I think that's a diver and not a frogman. 2c

Thanks ! I always did consider frogmen/ combat divers to be one of the same.

the cover does mention a frogman story , it is odd that on the cover of OAAW #27 he is in such shallow water.

I'm sure the inside story explains it and i can almost guarantee he survives the encounter and shoots the enemy with his own gun !

I have not bought a war book in about 5 years the last of which was a GD copy of OAAW #83 which has somewhat cooled off lately. I am however currently winning a OAAW book in a current auction which is one of my favourite covers of the run. Either its going under the radar and im going to win it for a great price or all the snipers are just sitting there waiting for the right moment. We'll see.

Not so sure about OAAW 83 "cooling off" though. :)

If only it was! I still need a OAAW 83... :takeit:

Edited by FutureFlash

1950's war comics, sorry for the delay. I was going to PM you, but there may be some others that don't know how to post pictures as well.

Here's what you do:

Go to a photo hosting site. For this example, we're going to use www.photobucket.com

You will want to register and create an account.

Once that's done, you are ready to go.

Near the top, there's a blue button that says "UPLOAD". Click it.

Another page opens up and there's a blue button that says "CHOOSE PHOTOS & VIDEOS". Click it.

That will open up a new window where you're supposed to choose which pictures that are on your computer you want to upload. If you want to choose more than one picture, hold down the "Ctrl" key, and keep choosing your photos. Click upload.

Photobucket will take the pictures you've selected and make a copy of each one on their site.

After it's uploaded successfully, click "VIEW UPLOADS".

This brings up a page with your most recent uploads, with all of their pictures showing.

Each picture should have 5 different codes under it.

Left click on the IMG code (4th one down) and it will highlight in blue. Then right click it and "copy".

Now, you want to come to the CGC boards and "paste" it into your post inside the thread that you want to show off your picture. (like this War Comics thread)

Send me a PM if you need any more help. (thumbs u

-Andy

Thank you for your comment Andy and Jimbo!

I have to agree that G.I. Combat has the best logo and probably the best covers as well, quite a few come to mind, especially the grey tone covers. :cloud9:

Yes GI Combat has the incredible run of wash tone covers from in the 70's and all others are awesome too ,

The pre DC covers also have a slew of cool covers especially the first three issues

GI COMBAT #1 has possible THEE most shockingly violent cover of all war comics as it appears a US solder has been shot through the head with his brains blown out - gruesome

Yes GI Combat has the incredible run of wash tone covers from in the 70's and all others are awesome too ,

The pre DC covers also have a slew of cool covers especially the first three issues

GI COMBAT #1 has possible THEE most shockingly violent cover of all war comics as it appears a US solder has been shot through the head with his brains blown out - gruesome

I love that Crandall cover!

The cover to War Fury 1 by Don Heck is also quite gruesome.

It is documented that on the Russian front, when a situation arose like that pictured in GI Combat #76, and the tank commander knew of the foxhole he would quickly ride on top of the foxhole, apply the brake to one of the tracks and do 360 degree spin circles, giving the soldier no chance to apply his bomb and grinding the hole and soldier into oblivion

I agree the GIC covers are the best overall of the 5. That's probably why I buy more of them than the other 4 as I try complete my full runs of all the titles.

Whoa! Now there's a lofty goal!! (worship)

I agree the GIC covers are the best overall of the 5. That's probably why I buy more of them than the other 4 as I try complete my full runs of all the titles.

Whoa! Now there's a lofty goal!! (worship)

Thanks. I'm not going for high grade for the old stuff, it would just take to long to find them.

Edited by FutureFlash