• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Here are a couple recently acquired war books and one not so recent unless you consider a purchase made in the mid-1990s recent:

010.jpg

G.I. Combat 46 cover dated March 1957and the third DC issue of the iconic title:

007_1.jpg

Here's the one I bought many moons ago. Wish how I could make the colors on the book match the colors of the scan. The colors of the book are really much sharper. Anyway, here they are:

008_2.jpg

That GIC 46 is one of my favorite of all the war covers. That whole run is just a continual flurry of awesomeness. If you can only own one frogman cover, the GIC 46 is a great candidate. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That GIC 46 is one of my favorite of all the war covers. That whole run is just a continual flurry of awesomeness. If you can only own one frogman cover, the GIC 46 is a great candidate. GOD BLESS....

I completely agree with you on this one Jimbo. It's my favorite frogman cover! :cloud9:

Great books Steve. Issue #20 of AAMOW has a cool cover also, with the soldier fighting the Japanese patrol boat before he can get off the ladder. :cloud9:

Great cover. I like this one just a little better. Both are quite similar

SSWS20.jpg

Great books Steve. Issue #20 of AAMOW has a cool cover also, with the soldier fighting the Japanese patrol boat before he can get off the ladder. :cloud9:

Great cover. I like this one just a little better. Both are quite similar

SSWS20.jpg

..... that's my #2....... following VERY closely. GOD BLESS...

Won this in a recent Heritage auction....... it wasn't cheap but wasn't as bad as I'd feared. The book looks much better in hand than the scan indicates. For some reason it's top census..... but I'm under no illusions that there isn't likely a nicer one somewhere out there in comicdom. GOD BLESS....

lf%2015.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Won this in a recent Heritage auction....... it wasn't cheap but wasn't as bad as I'd feared. The book looks much better in hand than the scan indicates. For some reason it's top census..... but I'm under no illusions that there isn't likely a nicer one somewhere out there in comicdom. GOD BLESS....

lf%2015.jpg

Great book, Jimbo!! Congrats on the winning bid. I'm really appreciating the artwork on many of DC war titles.

I have not bought a war book in about 5 years the last of which was a GD copy of OAAW #83 which has somewhat cooled off lately. I am however currently winning a OAAW book in a current auction which is one of my favourite covers of the run. Either its going under the radar and im going to win it for a great price or all the snipers are just sitting there waiting for the right moment. We'll see.

Nice pickup. (thumbs u

Both Heath and Kubert knew how to create a compelling frogman cover!

lf%2015.jpg

lf%2015.jpg

Looks like my old copy. :luhv:

I have not bought a war book in about 5 years the last of which was a GD copy of OAAW #83 which has somewhat cooled off lately. I am however currently winning a OAAW book in a current auction which is one of my favourite covers of the run. Either its going under the radar and im going to win it for a great price or all the snipers are just sitting there waiting for the right moment. We'll see.

Not so sure about OAAW 83 "cooling off" though. :)

OAAW #27

A frogman in very shallow water has just been stepped on by a marching Jap soldier- yellow cover, a pretty unique cover especially for OAAW.

someday i will learn how to post photo's

You'll have to read a few Moderns before that ability will manifest :baiting: GOD BLESS....

=jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

OAAW #27

A frogman in very shallow water has just been stepped on by a marching Jap soldier- yellow cover, a pretty unique cover especially for OAAW.

someday i will learn how to post photo's

I'll teach you on Monday. It's easy. (thumbs u

...and I think that's a diver and not a frogman. 2c