• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Wow Brent, looks like you've been busy. Are any of those going on your site since a couple don't meet your VF criteria. Great books BTW. thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks Fay! I haven't decided yet. I will probably list some of the lesser grade books on my site. None of them are VF although a lot of them have VF appeal. These came out of a 1950s DC collection recently purchased.

Funny too, because many of the Actions, Adventures, Batmans and Detectives in the collection from that time period were VF or better. The Army at Wars were sub par by comparison, only averaging FN or so.

Wow Brent, looks like you've been busy. Are any of those going on your site since a couple don't meet your VF criteria. Great books BTW. thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks Fay! I haven't decided yet. I will probably list some of the lesser grade books on my site. None of them are VF although a lot of them have VF appeal. These came out of a 1950s DC collection recently purchased.

Funny too, because many of the Actions, Adventures, Batmans and Detectives in the collection from that time period were VF or better. The Army at Wars were sub par by comparison, only averaging FN or so.

(Most likely because the war books were read and re-read because that's what we do with books we enjoy, right?)

Great run by the way! thumbsup2.gif There's a book or two that I need out of those, so if you'll be selling, perhaps I'll PM you my list. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Andy

A lot of great stories in those comics Brent! 893applaud-thumb.gif

A lot of great stories in those comics Brent! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I haven't read them yet. 893whatthe.gif Any idea which one(s) I should read first?

I can't decide which cover I like best the #59 or #60.

Edited by qualitycomix

I wonder what lucky SOB has the original for this?

RomanSoldiers.jpg

Not Russ Heath. He got paid a pittance for it considering how often it was used -- one of the most widely published pieces of comic art ever. I think he said that he got paid either 50 or 100 bucks for drawing it.