• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

How in the world did you get so many of those Salida's?

Another fantastic book! Thanks for showing!!!

Andy

I'd like to think it was natural charm and good looks. But there's a small possibility that my loaded .45 automatic played a part in the transactions. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't think this is a repeat. Just a Newsboy, though. sorry.gif

OAAW65.jpg

That's one of my favorite covers of all time - what a great book.

Shep

I was hoping someone else would ask, but I'll have to be the fool.

What's happening on this cover? The solider is about to toss back a Nazi promotional frisbee? A German vehicle lost its hubcap and the soldier just scored a collectible? The soldier found a German land mine? If so, why didn't it explode when he handled it?

Duh.

Jack

How in the world did you get so many of those Salida's?

Another fantastic book! Thanks for showing!!!

Andy

I'd like to think it was natural charm and good looks. But there's a small possibility that my loaded .45 automatic played a part in the transactions. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't think this is a repeat. Just a Newsboy, though. sorry.gif

OAAW65.jpg

That's one of my favorite covers of all time - what a great book.

Shep

The solider is about to toss back a Nazi promotional frisbee?

I'm going with this theory.

It's well known that the Nazis invented the Frizbee and the game Ultimate Frizbee. They just had a bit "deadlier" take on the sport. Ultimate Firzbee with firearms. cloud9.gif

It's well known that the Nazis invented the Frizbee and the game Ultimate Frizbee. They just had a bit "deadlier" take on the sport. Ultimate Firzbee with firearms. cloud9.gif

I believe that it was called Fritzbee at the time, later Anglicized for delicate post-WWII sensibilities.

JPS

I believe that it was called Fritzbee at the time, later Anglicized for delicate post-WWII sensibilities.

JPS

You are correct sir. Thanks for the correction.

I was hoping someone else would ask, but I'll have to be the fool.

What's happening on this cover? The solider is about to toss back a Nazi promotional frisbee? A German vehicle lost its hubcap and the soldier just scored a collectible? The soldier found a German land mine? If so, why didn't it explode when he handled it?

Duh.

Jack

OAAW65.jpg

Well, what you've got here is actually an anti-tank mine, and you should know that only under the weight of a tank will these guys explode. BLAM! 893whatthe.gif

A great story, that "Paper Tiger"!

thumbsup2.gif

Andy

Well, what you've got here is actually an anti-tank mine, and you should know that only under the weight of a tank will these guys explode. BLAM! 893whatthe.gif

Thanks for the explanation. (But why should I know that?)

Jack

I am appalled at your ignorance! Despite the popular belief that tortillas are a Mexican delicacy, this cover is proof positive that it was in fact the Germans who invented it. That object in the soldier's hand is actually a metal prototype for the common plastic tortilla warmer. You know, the variety that comes wrapped in a towel that the waitress at a Mexican restaurant delivers piping hot? The Nazis tried to get exotic when they buried the tortilla warmers in the dirt in the tradition of a Polynesian luau, but the allies thwarted those efforts and believed that this new discovery would revolutionize eating standards. However, in an attempt to pilfer the secrets to nuclear fision, the Mexican government inadvertantly discovered the tortilla warmer instead. . .and they have capitalized on it to great advantage. The tortilla warmer arguably has a more potent and quantifiable hold on the powers of the world than any nuclear weapon ever has. . .as well it should.

I am appalled at your ignorance! Despite the popular belief that tortillas are a Mexican delicacy, this cover is proof positive that it was in fact the Germans who invented it. That object in the soldier's hand is actually a metal prototype for the common plastic tortilla warmer. You know, the variety that comes wrapped in a towel that the waitress at a Mexican restaurant delivers piping hot? The Nazis tried to get exotic when they buried the tortilla warmers in the dirt in the tradition of a Polynesian luau, but the allies thwarted those efforts and believed that this new discovery would revolutionize eating standards. However, in an attempt to pilfer the secrets to nuclear fision, the Mexican government inadvertantly discovered the tortilla warmer instead. . .and they have capitalized on it to great advantage. The tortilla warmer arguably has a more potent and quantifiable hold on the powers of the world than any nuclear weapon ever has. . .as well it should.

27_laughing.gif

The question remains -- flour or corn?

Jack

mit Schnitzel

Pish, tosh, I still say it's a Fri(t)zbee. sumo.gif