• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Found this at Dale Roberts Booth - I purchased a batch of Spirit Sections from him, so he gave me a sweet price on this book.

It has a significant flaw (the barely attached large chip at the lower staple), but I really like this issue a lot.

fc3d5a63-a8be-4c0d-a91b-5506945de118_zps47ce25e4.jpg

Hey wait a minute, Steve!!! You didn't show THAT book to me. Killer book. Awesome Kubert interior and that wonderful Grandenetti washtone. My favorite of the DC war first issues! It's just from that incredible era of DC war when Kanigher and the boys REALLY started to get on a roll.

These are technically GA books, but I hope that the knowledgeable aficionados here can best appreciate them.

AAMoW 2, 3, 5, each with a Krigstein story. Nice interior paper. Located them buried in a box at the back of the Dealers' Room at SDCC this past weekend.

I am absolutely thrilled to have these very early DC war books...

19a6ad51-5e9a-47ab-8961-9902b0a4fb6b_zpsd7839517.jpg