• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

What issue did Fury start wearing his eye patch?

he catches shrapnel in the eye and wears a patch in 27. they offer him surgery that will save the eye, but it would send him stateside for the duration. by foregoing the surgery, he was able to stay in the war, but would eventually lose the eye. he rid himself of the patch in the rest of the sarge run, but was half-blind by the time agent of shield came about. he loses the eye after korea, as he doesn't have the patch in annual 1.

he catches shrapnel in the eye and wears a patch in 27. they offer him surgery that will save the eye, but it would send him stateside for the duration. by foregoing the surgery, he was able to stay in the war, but would eventually lose the eye. he rid himself of the patch in the rest of the sarge run, but was half-blind by the time agent of shield came about. he loses the eye after korea, as he doesn't have the patch in annual 1.

Being the DC guy, I never paid attention to Sgt. Fury. This is not a slam on him, but just a conscious effort to keep things focused. I have always liked the Severin material a lot and you have some absolutely beautiful copies. That has to be one of the nicest groups I've EVER seen of Sgt. Fury. Hat's off to you, sir!

Never knew that about the eye patch origin. Learn something new every day!

(thumbs u

Edited by Comick1

Being the DC guy, I never paid attention to Sgt. Fury. This is not a slam on him, but just a conscious effort to keep things focused. I have always liked the Severin material a lot and you have some absolutely beautiful copies. That has to be one of the nicest groups I've EVER seen of Sgt. Fury. Hat's off to you, sir!

Never knew that about the eye patch origin. Learn something new every day!

(thumbs u

Although the Severin art is a plus, I never really paid much attention to Fury. Poor (real poor) man's Sgt Rock in my opinion. I did have a few issues as a kid. I suppose I should revisit at least the Severin issues. If nothing else, they will be nice to look at :)

I loved the first 20 issues of Sgt Fury ! great stories in some of those issues,.. mini-novels even, after that when Stan Lee stopped writing them i didn't like them as much and didn't enjoy reading them even though I have most of the issues from 21-70 (going to unload them all together someday ....soon)

I was lucky enough to get these two books signed in Baltimore by the legend Russ Heath! :cloud9:

This is my all-time favorite Heath cover. I love the composition, the tones, the action, the dragon teeth, the tank blazing, everything. :acclaim:

(worship)

<a  href=004_zpsgnggphq1.jpg' alt='004_zpsgnggphq

I was lucky enough to get these two books signed in Baltimore by the legend Russ Heath! :cloud9:

This is my all-time favorite Heath cover. I love the composition, the tones, the action, the dragon teeth, the tank blazing, everything. :acclaim:

(worship)

Great comics.

Great grades.

Great Heath SS.

Thus, Triple-Great books!

(worship)

Great books and singed by Heath to for extra great!