• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knoxville AdventureCon

60 posts in this topic

ahhhhh, sounds like no reason to take that trip...Pirate, have you ever been to the great Escape in Bowling Green?

no i haven't, i might take a look the next time im on my way to nashville

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm i was just curious how it compares to the nashville stores, been thinging about driving up and giving the local GEs a rest

Similar, I think the Bowling Green store has more back issues. But I may be confusing it with the one in northern Nashville? I went to both of those on the way back from Chicago. The one in the white building where they were redoing the parking lot was not as good as the other.

Its funny as the 3 Great Escapes I've been to, all of them are better than any store in the Atlanta area.

Yeah the downtown store i the best, been gettin my dough since '77. The N.Nashville store, in Madison actually is ok, I've picked up some very nice stuff there on occassion...I plan on trippin on up to the BG store just to see what they have

thumbsup2.gif I'm there, dudes - it's about 1-1/4 hour from me. Lots and lots of sci-fi and general pop culture stuff, not so much comics except for back issues, of course. Still, a lot of fun and some neat celebrities.

Parent Trap is my favorite movie so I'm going to go hug Haley Mills.

ahhhhh, sounds like no reason to take that trip...Pirate, have you ever been to the great Escape in Bowling Green?

no i haven't, i might take a look the next time im on my way to nashville

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm i was just curious how it compares to the nashville stores, been thinging about driving up and giving the local GEs a rest

Similar, I think the Bowling Green store has more back issues. But I may be confusing it with the one in northern Nashville? I went to both of those on the way back from Chicago. The one in the white building where they were redoing the parking lot was not as good as the other.

Its funny as the 3 Great Escapes I've been to, all of them are better than any store in the Atlanta area.

I LOVE the Bowling Green store - its probably got fewer back issues than the Downtown and Madison stores, but their back issues are a lot less picked over. Its not too far of a trip from Nashville either. The employees at the BG store seem a lot more helpful than the Nashville stores' employees too.

Have any of you all been to the Louisville Great Escape?

There is a Great Escape here in Marietta and it sucks. We have no good stores.

Are you setting up at the July one day show here?

Where is Great Escape in Marietta?

Yeah I'll be set up in July show.

Where is Great Escape in Marietta?

Yeah I'll be set up in July show.

the`re not associated with the Tn and Ky great escapes BigMike sumo.gif

Not really. The store is almost wall to wall with comics and trades. There is no way they could set up for the card games. The only reason that I go there is because Dr. No's has even less back issue choices and they are twice as expensive.

I don't think i will be hitting adventurecon this year as heroes is the next weekend and don't want to blow money on toys and auto's as i know i'll be tempted.

Just noted this thread.....

Knoxville is one of the locations of my LCSs. But I'll be going to look for silver age back issues(strange tales & TOS) from some of the traveling dealers as the local stores don't have much, if any, older stuff.

I'll be there for Saturday or Sunday, haven't decided yet which one. I didn't go last year, but I did work a booth for a friend the previous year.

As a side note there have been 2 new comic stores to open in Knoxville this past year. And here I thought brick/mortar stores were a thing from the past. I haven't even tried one of them yet. The one I did go to...caters to modern variants and a few CGC issues along with the usual copper to modern stuff.

i'm tempted but the star power there is lacking this year and i know i'll spend too much of my heroes money smile.gif

That's kinda my feeling, but it will get me out of going to a wedding shower - so I'll be there smile.gif.

I'll be selling again this year. I'm at location E-16, it's a corner spot at the back of the dealers room. I did real well at last years show.

I'll have about 3 new long boxes of late 40's-50's misc for $10 each. No Super-hero comics but a lot of neat old books. I'll also have several 50% off Silver/Gold boxes that have never been discounted at other shows. Mostly Silver age Super-hero in these boxes.