• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Largest run you've pieced together

177 posts in this topic

I'm sure there's been a thread on this, but haven't seen it asked since I've been on here. With the varied collecting interest of this board, I was curious who still puts large runs together or who has the complete sets of books.

I'll start it off with really the only series I still collect: the Amazing Spider-Man run starting with Amazing Fantasy 15 and going through the latest issue 532.

I like this kind of thread. There are still lots of run collectors but not as many as in the 80s.

Run collecting is mostly what I do (both for my collection and in terms of trying to get inventory for the site) though your post makes me realize that most of the runs I collect aren't that long-lived. 92 issues of Jonah Hex or 110 issues of Master of Kung Fu isn't that impressive. Even the longest war comic (OAAW 81 through the end of Sgt. Rock at 422) isn't going to compare. And for some titles like Conan the Barbarian and Savage Sword of Conan I just couldn't bear to buy them all after Roy Thomas left the former. Ie, there's only about 115 out of 275 Conan the Barbarian I want.

Anyway, the longest run I ever put together was maybe Detective Comics 300-575 when I was in my teens. I still have most of those plus most since then. So I'd say when my Sgt. Rock and Haunted Tank runs are finished I will probably move on to going for Detective 250-present. So that would be about 600 consecutive issues.

Again, good thread. You've reminded me that there are only a handful of titles to get past issue 500.

Oh, I have about 280 consecutive issues of Cerebus!

Marc

off the shelf, I collected the first wolverine series.....back issues I had almost collected 150 thru present of batman, which ron now owns.

What is the name of that guy who collected every single dc comic ever produced?

I'll start it off with really the only series I still collect: the Amazing Spider-Man run starting with Amazing Fantasy 15 and going through the latest issue 532.

hail.gifhail.gif Nice you have all the way from AF #15 to ASM #532 893applaud-thumb.gif

You got me beat my Largest Run is also Amazing Spider-Man I have from #1 to #441 frown.gif still don't have an Amazing Fantasy #15 but I want one. I kind of quit on the series when Volume 1 ended and they started over at #1 again Christo_pull_hair.gif but I may eventually try to catch up again someday since they went back to the old numbering to make my set complete grin.gif.

off the shelf, I collected the first wolverine series.....back issues I had almost collected 150 thru present of batman, which ron now owns.

What is the name of that guy who collected every single dc comic ever produced?

You know I had him/them (brothers?) in mind when I started this thread.

hail.gifhail.gif Nice you have all the way from AF #15 to ASM #532 893applaud-thumb.gif

You got me beat my Largest Run is also Amazing Spider-Man I have from #1 to #441 frown.gif still don't have an Amazing Fantasy #15 but I want one. I kind of quit on the series when Volume 1 ended and they started over at #1 again Christo_pull_hair.gif but I may eventually try to catch up again someday since they went back to the old numbering to make my set complete grin.gif.

That was a very logical jumping off point, then off course they go and pick-up the original numbering sequence (just in time for 500). My AF 15 is VG- with a lot of chipping, but I'm not complaining. cloud9.gif

I put together a Thor run from 126-502. I eventually sold some of the issues but that is neither here nor there.

Very soon mine will be done too! acclaim.gif

Hulk 1-6, TTA 59-101, 103-475, 1-.... Includes all annuals and mini series. It took me a good 12 years to complete it and I've been constantly replacing the issues with CGC graded ones for the last 4 years. It's a neverending battle.

Hulk 1-6, TTA 59-101, 103-475, 1-.... Includes all annuals and mini series. It took me a good 12 years to complete it and I've been constantly replacing the issues with CGC graded ones for the last 4 years. It's a neverending battle.

893applaud-thumb.gif Bravo on that collection!

Do you collect other Hulk stuff?

I put together a Thor run from 126-502. I eventually sold some of the issues but that is neither here nor there.

Very soon mine will be done too! acclaim.gif

Are you grabbing the JIM as well?

Almost got all those too. laugh.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

For DC my longest run might be Superman #179 - 423... lacking only a few issues to push the lower number down to #158! Missing only one issue in the subsequent Adventures of Superman #424 - #530 run.

yay.gif

For Marvel I'd think it must be ASM #9 - almost current, give or take a couple issues from the last few years. yay.gifyay.gif